TV/Craft Stand Makeover

I picked up this ugly little stand at an auction years ago for $20. With a little paint, some hardware and casters it is now where we keep our tv and all my craft items.
1. I added wallpaper bead board to the doors with spray adhesive and some trim to keep the wallpaper in place.
2. Painted using leftover paint from our kitchen cabinets.
3. Hubby added casters to the underside, and handles to the doors.
4. Drilled holes for the tv cords.

I hide my 3 sewing machines behind the curtains.
Now on to my secret
On the back side I used spice wracks to hold all my crafty things like thread, needles, glue gun, iron, and cutting boards.
The unit is always against a wall so no one ever sees the back side, and with it being on casters it just rolls out for easy access.
It’s a great way to get extra space!
Linking up with

You did a great transformation on that TV stand. Putting casters on the bottom was a wonderful idea. Really nice! I love how you have tucked away your craft items. That’s brilliant!

Great transformation! It looks so nice!

Great job! Nify way to have all your craft items together and yet not out in the open.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Beyond amazing – who could have guessed!. And the back use – that has to be original.
    – Joy

WOW! Dawn you sure made a difference with that,fantastic,you can pull out those sewing machines and go to it now,everythings organized.

Hey go see what we made for the herb garden.

I love the beadboard wallpaper! And you are seriously a genuis for hiding all your stuff on the back!

What a great storage cabinet and I love its fresh new look! So cute! Tricia

So fabulous and unique!! You are amazing!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

I love that secret hiding spot for the “not so attractive but much needed” supplies. That beadboard wallpaper looks so real. Great transformation.

This is great…I am just blown away by the racks in the back…what a brilliant idea! I popped over from Debbie’s and am your newest follower. Your blog looks very fun and I’m going to look around a bit! Come visit me if you have time…~Ann

This turned out terrific! Love the bead board wallpaper- I’ve been reading about it and how people are loving it. So cute the way you added the handles-

Clever girl – hiding things around the back. I wondered how you got all your craft things inside the cabinet, but now I know you don’t. The beadboard and white paint make a huge difference in the look of the cabinet.

I am looking to find one of these for a good deal. Love your secret hiding place! Thanks for sharing!

That’s a great transformation and a great use of space.

Your cabinet is so clever. It’s not too big to move around too. I love that you thought of putting the stuff behind it. Thanks for sharing!

Three sewing machines? Wow, you must be a super busy stitcher…I’d like to see how you store your fabrics!

What a wonderful idea for your secret storage! AWESOME job!

I love the idea of using the back for storage. I can’t wait to try this out!

Wow! That turned out terrific! What a brilliant Idea!!!! Your newest follower…hope you can visit me sometime soon.

I love what you did with that cabinet – love the color you used, and the beadboard wallpaper makes it pop! Thanks for sharing your secret stash of sewing/craft supplies with us 🙂 I “followed” your blog from Savvy Southern Style’s linky party.

Mary @

WOW! That hiding space is fantastic! Very cool!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can’t wait to see what you have for next week!