From Dress to Skirt

Found this cute sun dress at Target and fell in love with the prairie style and the vintage looking fabric, but when I tried it on it was to short.  So I decided to buy it anyway.
I brought it home, cut off the bra section, turned the raw edge over, serged the seam and added some elastic.
It is now long enough and took about 20 minutes to make over.
Don’t you just love the vintage feel to the fabric?
Linking up with

Comments

Very cute, you are so great at transforming something cute into something even better! I love vintage fabric too.

Jodi

So cute!!! Visiting from Amaze Me Monday, hope your week is wonderful!
    Cindy

It does have a vintage feel!! You are so creative – I love it!

I love this!!!!!!!!! 🙂 I have the longest legs…and can never ever fit in any of those dresses…lol even if I could…i think most are too short…Thanks! I will be doing this!!! 🙂 Yay!

What a lovely transformation!

I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 80 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas – and this month I’m upcycling lots of clothes and trying to feature lots of the links too!
    Do come and take a look!

I have always had this idea in my head about doing something like this and never did it. Now that I see you’ve done it and it looks great, I believe I will take the plunge lol

why in the world do they make the dresses so short anymore???

I’m with you, that prairie fabric is so sweet. Love the way you used it anyway and the shirt looks fantastic!