$9 Outdoor Area Rug

I paid $9 for a 6X9 outdoor area rug at Menards and knew it would need some fixing up to make it presentable.
 I gathered up some painters tape, a stencil, and some spray paint.  All items I already had and gave the rug a transformation.

It’s not perfect, but it is better than before.

Don’t forget about my giveaway going on
click Here
 and leave a message to enter and win!
Linking up with

Dawn this is a fantastic transformation. I can’t believe the bargain on the rug and then what you did to it with a little paint and tape. Bravo!

Are you kidding me? Why did i *not* think about this? You are so creative! I bought two rugs from Menards, just about two years ago – yup about the same price as yours. And yup, they look just like yours. They have been hiding my ugly kitchen floor now, but looking pretty ugly themselves at times. This could be just what they need ๐Ÿ˜‰ how simple! Thanks again for wonderful inspiration! -Tammy

Ok, that is too cool! Bookmarking this for later…

Dropping by from Met Monday. I’ll hope you’ll come see the nursery I helped create for my first grandchild.

That is just great! I’m so heading to Menards tomorrow. I could really use a new entry rug and you’ve shown me a way to make it pretty! Love it!

I love the rug great idea! I think my favorite part is the picture of your pup in the middle of the rug—I have two dogs and they always manage to be right in the middle of my projects—they would for sure have thought that was a great place to hang out! :o)

You really turned this into a fun custom piece, nice job! I just wanted to let you know I gave you a “shout out” on my current post for your collage inspiration. Hugs, Kim

Hi Dawn (love your name as Dawn is my daughter’s middle name!). What a wonderful idea. You rug looks fantastic! I think I could even do this.
    B a sweetie,
    Shelia ๐Ÿ˜‰

This turned out great! I have been looking for an outdoor rug and they are all over $100.00 for this size! I am going to give this a try!

9. Anonymous says

Wonderful outdoor rug! Very creative.

Dawn, What a great project! I love the cheeky little flowers on the border. They add such pizzaz!
    What a fun stop!

Great job on the rug, Dawn! The flower border is so cute.

Dawn, I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this rug,OK!,send it with my winnings,teehehe.
    I’ve got to try this!

Love this idea and it looks super easy. Plus the dog in the pictures, very cute!

Wow! I am pinning this! Love the patterns you chose and the colors — fantastic! Can I ask did you use spray paint for both the designs and the bold outline? Did you seal it with anything? Thanks!

I have a brown rug just like your *before picture.
    …I love the green too.
    Ooooh! maybe I might have a brown and green rug with cute little mod flowers…just like your *after picture.

Love it enough to copy it,… I’d give you all the credit of course!

You did a great job, Dawn! I love this project!!

Funny thing – – we’re going to Menard’s tomorrow!! I’m going to have to check this out!! Love the stencil, too!!

Hugs ~~ Suz

18. Liz says

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for the inspiration! And not only do we have a GSD with the same coloring, she’s just exactly as helpful with projects. I enjoyed seeing yours in the pics — for scale, of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Happy creating!