Butter flavored non stick cooking spray
1/2 C chopped canned beets, drained
1 C canned red beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 C liquid egg substitute
3 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
3/4 C agave nectar
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons natural red food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 8X8 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine beets, beans, cocoa powder, egg substitute, and flour in a food processor. process untill mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes.
3. Add agave, butter, vanilla, almond extract and flood coloring. Process until all the ingredients are combined.
4. pour batter int baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350*. Turn oven down to 300* and bake an additional 5-8 minutes.
5. Let brownies cool completely in the baking dish on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
This recipe is from my new favorite cookbook.