Porch Dining Set Slipcovered

This wrought iron dining set has been in our family for years.  It has been used inside and outside and traveled amongst many family members.
It has been back in my possession for about the last 15 years.  When I got it, it had 10 different fabric layers on the seat cushion.

It once had a glass top, but that was broke somehow over the years and is now wood.

I needed the table for a party and didn’t have the time to recover it so I decided I could slipcover it quicker.

First I removed the cushion and gave them a quick coast of primer, to hide the striped fabric from showing through.

Then made a quick 3 part slip cover from a drop cloth I had on hand, got out my serger and in an hour had them all completed.

Used some leftover fabric from my Bunting Project and tied a decorative strip around the chair.

Threw a clearance tablecloth on and covered up the whole ugly mess.

Quick and easy!!

Linking up with

HOH

Comments

Looks great Dawn, hard to believe you did it so quickly with just your serger. I love the color combination of the tablescape too. Thanks for sharing.

love the colors and the sweet, summery look. Awesome as usual.

What a darling table! And a fabulous redo!!! LOVE it!!!

Turned out great! The colors make me happy. So cheery, so full of summer… lovely! -Tammy

Dawn, you’re so talented! I love the way you did your chairs and what a great idea for some folding chairs I have for extra guests! Thanks for sharing. Have a nice week. FABBY

That looks amazing Dawn. I love a project that’s quick and easy but packs a great punch.

That looks wonderful! I have two mismatched chairs at my kitchen table – I think I just found the solution for them! Thanks for the inspiration! 🙂

It looks awesome! So cheery! I especially love the big ties on the chairs. 🙂

Hi Dawn!

So cute, fun, bright and breezy! The way a party table should be! Love it!

We need your talent and vision! Please consider helping with the Miracle Makeover Party next week for kids with cancer. For more stop by at http://www.designgivesback.com

love, kelee

Terrific idea! Makes the outdoor gathering all the more special!
    Kathy

11. Anonymous says

I popped on over to your blog from a comment on Home and Harmony. I just have to let you know I have the exact same fabrics on our screened in porch! We have the same tablecloth (rectangle – larger table), I covered the cushions of our chairs in dropcloth (only the cushions though) and have the exact same fabric for the lumbar pillows. Amazing…

Lisa

Such a beautiful space, I would spend hours outdoors enjoying it!

The dining area looks so chic with those covers! I would love for you to show this off at my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/08/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-81311.html

Beautiful job! Your fabric choices are beautiful. I’d love it if you’d link this up to my Home and Family Friday linky party!

Becca