Fall Table with a Grain Sack Runner

I just had to show you this wonderful grain sack that I found at the flea market.

I didn’t know what I would use it for when I picked it up, but it fit perfectly on my dining room table.

The fall colored dishes I have had forever and they were purchased at Target.

Next on my list is to paint the dining room chairs.  Any color suggestions?

Linking up with

HOH

Comments

Your table looks so pretty! Great colors, great runner, great accessories!

Pam

Incredible photos. So…tell me about finding the grain sack. I have been looking and looking. Online they are anywhere from $40 to $90. I have been visiting my antique mall but so far no luck there. I’d love to find a few…

Love the table Dawn! I vote for cream chairs.

Oh I just love your fall table! I hope you will add your lovely metamorphosis to my Fall in Love linky party on Wednesday.

Until then, stop by and see the under $20 makeover I gave an ugly brass light fixture.

Happy Monday!

Lovely table setting, the grain sack runner looks really nice with your dishes and table πŸ™‚

oh I would love to be able to come for coffee at your place and sit at that table. I agree with the others, I would go lighter on the chairs

I love your new grain sack runner! I’m always on the lookout for them but to no avail. Like Ann #3 commenter,I can’t find them here in SW Ohio and I won’t pay big bucks online. You’re a lucky duck. Visiting from Susan’s party. πŸ™‚ Sue

Your table looks gorgeous! And your pictures are always so good too!!

Your table is GORGEOUS!!! That grain sack looks fantastic & your dishes are so pretty. I think your chairs would look fabulous gree (like the plate color gree). I love that color!

I’m a huge fan of your sweet rustic cabin and that adorable tablescape fits right in. Love it!
    xoxo,
    Kim

The runner adds a great touch. Beautiful setting.

Love this table Dawn, the pretty fall colors against the simplicity of the grain sack runner look refreshing for fall.

Your home is so lovely, it took a minute to focus on the beautiful table! I love your use of the grain sack fabric. I have some in a box from my grandmother and you are inspiring me!

Great table, love your dishes and table runner. I would love to sit down and eat with you.
    Blessings My Friend,

Hi there, Dawn! Very nice fall table! I really like the way you displayed the flatware in the bucket. Very cool! The runner IS great! I look back now on all the grain sacks my grandparents had on their farm, and it makes me ill to think I was unable to appreciate their worth and beauty back then! Booooo, me! Yaaaaayyy, you! πŸ™‚ I love your walls! I know they are not part of the tablescape, but they’re cool! Good luck with your chair project!

Hi Dawn,
    I love the grain sack used as a runner, what a great dining room you have. It’s beautiful.
    Cindy

What a beautiful autumn dining room, Dawn! So pretty! I’m a grain sack addict, so of course I adore yours!! lol! I would paint your chairs ASCP Old White along with the legs of your table. πŸ™‚

xoxo laurie

I really like all the clear colors for your Fall tablescape. The flowers look like fine jewelry. I was thinking how fantastic the black chairs were, and then I read your query about choosing a new paint color. I think that the black makes all of your colors pop in an amazing way…so…I’d give them a new coat of black paint. Whatever color you choose will be lovely, I’m certain. Cherry Kay