Chalk Paint on the Dressing Table

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antibe Green
 This is what it looked like before.
 The dressing table was my Mom’s and her Sister’s growing up.  Over the years it has traveled the family tree, and is now in my possession.

I hit the top with my electric sander to remove all the stickers and then sprayed 2 coats of Chalk Paint.  Once it dried I gave it one coat of clear wax, and one very light coat of dark wax.

I just love the Antibes Green.

Linking up with
HOH

Comments

Your little dressing table is beautiful in it’s new coat of green!
    Hugs, Cindy

Spraying seems to make such good sense. Did you write a post on how to use ASCP in a sprayer – and what kind of sprayer. Is it an ‘easy job’ or did it take extra work? Love what you did with the vintage family heirloom dressing table.
    – Joy

Pretty color! Love the shape of the piece.

Dropping by from Met Monday.

Allison
    Atticmag
    Interview with Shabby Chic Rachel Ashwell

I love the new color and love that it was once your Mom’s–very special!

Have a great week.
    Pam

What a great green that is and the distressing looks perfect. I cut into my dandelion fabric this weekend. I’ll be posting some pictures this week. Have a good one. Patty

What a beautiful job, Dawn! You know…I have your table’s twin stored away at my lakehouse (waiting to be used to stage the house for selling). I think a coat of ASCP would breath new life into her! 🙂

xoxo laurie

Wow, my grandma had an identical table like this except the swing out arm things. I inherited it and used it for years. No longer have it though as the whole top warped. Great job!

That green is just beautiful!! Where will you put it? In your bedroom? Love it!

Dawn
    Great job! Are you using it in your bedroom too?
    Will you put a skirt around it like they used to or leave it as it is? It would look good anywhere!

I love your dressing table. That shade of green is so beautiful. You’ll have to show us where you put it.

I have been eyeing that green, I need to just break down and buy some of that paint. Your table looks wonderful!

VERY pretty! This green would be a rather brave move for me as well but goodness.. you make it look totally like a natural. What a neat piece!

Donna

My eyes popped when I saw your vanity, we have the same one that used to be my moms, my 13 year old daughter wanted to use it in her room so she painted it and distressed it with Annie Sloan chalk paint, we then added part of the original batiste skirt that was originally on the vanity, we also have the original 3 way mirror and stool that my mom had with it. Ours is missing the drawer, though I see where that goes, but what are those swing out arms on yours for? You can see my daughters work on the vanity here:

I love the color and the distressing you did on yours, beautiful job! Thanks for sharing.

How wonderful way you find vintage furniture and fixing it up to give it a new life. That furniture is eye catching and I have same it in wood.

What a neat table! You said that you sprayed 2 coats of ASCP. Does it last as long when you spray it, or do you think you actually use less by spraying it? Interesting. It looks great! Love it distressed!

Beautiful. I would love for you to stop by and link up your project to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up.