From Black to White Dining Chairs done with ASCP

Here is the after shot of my dining room chairs.
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Country Grey through my sprayer, heavily distressed with an electric sander,  and then gave them a coat of clear wax.
Here is the before when the chairs were black.
I always liked the black, but they show every speck of dust.  So to avoid dusting them every day I made the decision to go with a lighter color.
I am so luck my chairs don’t have spindles.  That waxing is hard work.
I love how they turned out.
 They brightened up the space.
Linking up with

Comments

Dawn, first just wanted to say that I love your header, it is so happy…love your chairs, why is waxing so hard, getting ready to start a project and she told me to was with a rag is that what you used? They look fantastic!

What a great job you did on the chairs! I really like them. I have black dining room chairs and I would love to paint them, but my husband is in love with the black. I need to find a way to make him think that painting them is his idea! 🙂

They look great Dawn! The light color looks so nice. I know exactly what you mean about the dust on them when they’re black… not fun!

Have a great day.
    Pam

I just dropped to see this beautiful metamorphosis from black to white. Gorgeous!! What a great job, such talented people, goodness! I’m also at MM. Happy Halloween.
    FABBY

Dusting is my least favorite thing to do, too! Your chairs turned out great. The new color does brighten the room.

I love what you did with the chairs….I know so well the dust thing! We bought our new house two and a half years ago and went with the dark furniture, I could literally dust every day and and hour later I would see more dust! I wish we had went with lighter colors. It doesn’t help that we have a train that runs twice a day behind our house kicking up a huge amount of dust.

The only thing that we didn’t replace was our kitchen table which is the light oak finish. I am definatly thinking about repainting (one piece at a time)!

Hope you have a Happy Halloween!

~KerrieLynn

You did a beautiful job on these chairs! I love the distressed look of them & they definitely brightened up your space!

LOVE the white chairs! (and LOVE ASCP.) your chairs got me thinking i should paint my kitchen chairs…love the way they look! thanks for sharing!

They turned out gorgeous! It looks beautiful! I found your blog from the sisters of the wild west party. I’m your newest follow. If you get a moment I love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too!
    Thanks,