Log Home Tour

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page
Welcome to our Log Home!!

I am so excited and honored to be participating in Debbie’s home tour edition.
Debbie has been a great blogging friend and has helped me with my blog every step of the way.
***Thanks Debbie***
This tour may be a little different for some of you, our home is not the conventional home that most have.  It took my family (all three of us) 5 years of hard work to build, and the best thing about it, is we paid cash and have no mortgage.  Yes, it can be done if you are willing to not have instant gratification.
On with the tour….

The Front Porch of the Cabin with more photos here

A white kitchen, with black concrete counter-tops that we did ourselves.

You can see more kitchen photos Here.

An old library table used as a dining table along with the library chairs.

The living room furniture is all slip-covered and can be changed out or washed at any time, making it one of my favorite things about this room.

More living room photos can be seen Here.

The master bedroom is in the loft of our home and is a huge space with a sitting room an all.

You can see more of this room Here.

There’s many more area to explore at the cabin.  So stay a while  and take a Tour of our Environmental Friendly home.

Thanks for looking and a special thanks to Debbie for having me.

Enjoy!!

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

I came over from Debbie Doo’s blog. What a beautiful home you have. You can certainly tell you have put a lot of love and work into it. I am your newest follower. xo Diana

I just love your home! You have decorated it to be so comfortable and inviting! The fact that you built it and have no mortgage is inspirational.

Hello Dawn. I too came over from Debbie’s blog, but I am already a follower here. I appreciate so much the building process and the wait for that gratification, the sweat, and the reward of not having a mortgage. We built three times! (Great memories now of hanging my laundry to dry on the scaffolding set up in the house because there was no dryer yet, and oh so many stories like that!).

Seeing your log home also has me re thinking if I want to take down the log siding in our family room. I’ve gotten tired of it but then I see how homey it is in other peoples homes so maybe it should stay!

~Bliss~

4. Anonymous says

I truly love your home. I love the coziness of it, the simplicity of it, and most of all, that it is such a labor of love and that you were willing to do it a bit at a time so you could be mortgage free! (it makes it all the more beautiful) If everyone in America would take this approach to life, the whole country would be so much better off. I get so tired of seeing all these homes that are so extremely and lavishly decorated, while so many in the world have so very little, some barely existing. As one missionary told me one time~Live Simply So Others Can Simply Live!!!!!~Jan

What a lovely tour, Dawn! I really thought I had seen most of your beautiful cabin, but apparently not….lol! Your spaces are all so charming and inviting. Love your front porch, & I was intrigued with those solar lamps from mason jars. I’ve pinned that & hopefully will get around to that one of these days…sigh! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!
    xoxo, Carol

I love how high your ceilings are…makes it look so open while the wood makes it look so warm. What a gorgeous (and rare!) combination!
    And no mortgage? That is incredible and impressive. Well done!
    XO – Marion

I love your home!!!! You are encouraging me to pay off the rest of our mortgage. I am so tempted to move to have a single home–we have a duplex, but we are so close to paying it off. :)

I loved seeing the exterior of your home, Dawn! Looks like a log farmhouse. :) And that’s so cool that your dining room table and chairs came from a library.

Where did you go when you were in FL? We’re talking about taking a trip down there in June when my son’s finished with preschool. I haven’t been in nearly 10 years but we don’t know where to go!

Hope you’re having a great weekend,
    Erin