Quick and Easy Way to Clean the Pantry

How is it that a panty can get out of control in a matter of months?
I am in need of cleaning and tiding up mine, but I thought it sounded funner to make a curtain for the glass portion of the door and hide the mess.
I spent one whole day out shopping for the perfect curtain, and came home with nothing.
 I dug around in my fabric selection and found a scrap of red and white gingham.  I figured it would do for now, or at least until the perfect curtain could be found.
 I had a good laugh thinking about all the time I spent searching for a curtain, and the time I had making one I could have cleaned the pantry.
My was was so much funner though.
Do any of you find a great way to procrastinate about things???

When I read your title my though was, “close the door”, but you are right, putting a curtain on the door works too, lol

My oven. It really needs cleaning inside but I hate the strong smelling stuff and can’t use it so it takes such a lot of scrubbing.

I don’t know why your still looking for the perfect curtain! I think you have found it. I love the gingham with the wood. Your such a smart lady 🙂

Looks great with the gingham. I hate straightening up the plastic container cabinet. It frequently winds up like Fibber McGees closet!

You have no idea the lengths I will go too Dawn. I picked up a single panel of red and white toile at an antique mall in Coloma….would that work for you!.

Oh I agree…it’s so much easier to just shut a door than to organize what’s behind it! I followed you on Linky Followers too. I don’t have my gadget up yet but hope to do it sometime over the weekend. Have a good one!

Now THAT is funny! I’ll have you know that I just cleaned my pantry last week and it is already a tad messed up! xo Diana

Cute. And no one will ever know what lurks within…..

Ha! This quite funny! Sometimes I do the same thing…head in one direction, and end up in another!

Oh, I can find MANY ways to procrastinate! LOL Love the gingham in the door–and what pretty tulips and plates.

The older I get, the easier it is for me to get distracted and off on a wild goose chase. I would rather sew cute curtains than organize a cupboard too. Your little curtains are perfect. I’m following you via Linky Followers and I hope you’ll follow back. Also, please take a minute and visit Cottage and Creek and enter my first ever Choose Joy Giveaway: http://www.cottageandcreek.com/Blog-Archive.aspx?id=2536. Drawing will be held on Valentine’s Day. Have a great rest of the weekend 🙂
    Email: [email protected]

I love the red check! And love that you shopped all day too! 🙂

Procrastination can be a good thing Dawn, because in the end you find a better fit:)! Or perhaps the project turns out better than it would have the first time.

Dawn, I hate to reorganize the pantry! I did it in Dec. and it already needs it again. I love your red and white checked solution to the problem!

LOL…I must say I didn’t look at the title of this post when I started reading, it and wondered what in the world you were talking about with a “panty” getting out of control. Then I went back up and reread the title and realized it was misspelled. Too funny…
    Anyway love the pics! I’m so in love with the yellow bird plates.