Pegging out the Laundry

It’s a great day to do laundry.  We have a strong wind from the South, with temperatures in the mid 90’s.

The wind is so strong I hope I don’t have to chase our linens into the next county.

The star sheets are from Garnet Hill.
If you are looking for new bedding, you will love Garnet Hills quality.

Everything smells so fresh when line dried.

Do you peg out your laundry?

Comments

Love seeing laundry blowing in the breeze. Glad we aren’t in the 90’s yet. I told my husband I need a clothesline and he kind of laughed. I guess he thought I was joking.

One of my very favorite chores to do is to pet out the laundry! I had sheets on the line today too. Just brought them in, smelling so fresh and clean!!! There is something about seeing clean laundry billowing the soft breezes of summer, that make my heart very content. I do need new sheets. I will check out your link. I like GOOD sheets on my bed!!!!

I used to, but I never had a clotheline big enough for our family in our mini yard. Looks lovely. Wow 90’s!

I don’t have a spot to do it now, but I remember as a child smelling the freshly laundered and dried on the line sheets. Absolute heaven! By the way, I love your banner! I’ve never seen one like that.
    Brenda

My momma used to hang ours out to dry when I was little! I haven’t done it since I’ve been married but maybe I should start ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope to soon! ๐Ÿ™‚ We’ve got the posts and braces up; just need to get some eye hooks and run the clothesline. Love how breezy your photos look, Dawn!

There is something so deep inside me… when I see clothes blowing like that on the line… a feeling of safety, contentment and joy. I remember my grandmother handing out clothes when I was little. I loved her house. I also hang out clothes. When I was a mom with kids at home my line was always full. And I just loved it… like I was doing something really really good for my family. Now I have a small line across one part of my back porch, but I still hang a lot of clothes… just grown up clothes now.
    What beautiful, breezy, simple pictures. They tell a story if a well loved family!

I wish I had a clothes line I would hang out my clothes; atleast my sheets! I remember my Mom always hanging clothes out on the line. Your sheets are so cute!!I always get Garnet Hill catalogs and online sale alerts, but have yet tried them.

Hope you had a great weekend!
    Jodi

I love that look of clothes drying on the line — very nostalgic, but I’m over the need or desire to do it myself. Our neighborhood doesn’t allow it, anyway. I used to do it all the time, even when we lived in Oregon. I did it again when we moved to our first home in AZ. It saved me so much time, because I would hang out one batch while the next was washing, & then the first batch was dry by the time I was ready to hang the next. I could wash & line-dry at least a couple of loads of laundry before I left for work because of this “dry heat” we live in….lol!
    Carol