My newly acquired “cloche”. I have been wanting one for quite some time, but hated to pay the price.
I lucked out and found this one for $4.99 on clearance. And it’s huge. My kids decided to put it over their heads just to see how big it was. So back into the sink it went for another washing.
I looked around for something pretty to put under it, but found nothing.
I am not one to have many knick -knacky, thingys.
I needed to bake cookies and decided they would look great under glass.
Why is it, that everything under a clothe looks fancy?
The cookies are oatmeal raisin and here’s the recipe:
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Store in airtight container. Make sure you get some, because they don’t last long!
What’s your favorite items to put under glass?