Summer Kitchen in a Rustic Log Home

Welcome to my kitchen….
I live in a log home that my Hubby, son and I built.  The house is eco friendly and totally green.  I hope you enjoy the tour:)

Warning….. Heavy pic’s

Here is a list of where all the items came from:

Logs – Were cut by a local saw mill
White Cupboards – Custom built by the Amish and painted with Sherwin Williams “Lotus Pod” by little ole me.
Black Counter tops – Concrete done by my Hubby
Stainless Appliances – Sears Outlet
Island Grain Sack Runner – Flea Market
Galvanized Sap Bucket – Flea Market
Dinner Plates – Target
Salad Plates – Pier One
Drinking Glasses – Mason Jars
Bar Stools – Garage sale and painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in “Antibes Green
Laundry Cart – Vintage Store
Linens in Laundry Cart – Garage sales, and thrift stores
Kitchen Curtain – Vintage Table Cloth
Red Apron – Walmart
Pyrex – Vintage and thrifted
Sunflowers – From my garden
Veggies – From a friends garden
Bark Tray – Roadside ditch
Gum Ball Canister – Thrifted
Egg Sign – Gift from a Blog Friend
Pantry Curtain – Gingham material from Hobby Lobby
Melamine Plates in the Rack – Better Homes and Garden series from Walmart
Cabinet Hardware – OnlineThanks for looking:)

Comments

WOW! your kitchen is beautiful!! What a great job all of you did! I just love the rustic touches, and the colors you added are such a nice combination! Very warm and inviting ๐Ÿ™‚

Dawn I love your kitchen and your beautiful cabin/home…I was noticing the basket by the eat bar,full of those lovely linens.

3. Anonymous says

I love your home your photos are beautiful

Your kitchen is beautiful! My Sweetie and I bought a log cabin in 01 and sold it in 05. I wish we had kept it. It had beautiful mountain views and was across from a vineyard. I hope you and your family enjoy the fruits of your labors for years to come.

~willa~

Your kitchen is wonderful. I saw you featured on someone’s blog this past week and it was a nice intro for you. Blessings- xo Diana

I love this post! Your kitchen is indeed rustic but has all the modern conveniences. All your appliances are wonderful. I had forgotten about your green bar stools. Great idea that was!

Dawn you log home still tickles me every time we get a peek inside. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with the party.

Oh gosh, where to start? First, you know how much I love your beautiful home. I love that you built it. I love that you built it debt free. I love that it is green. I love that you put your heart and soul into it. I love everything about it.
    That laundry cart makes me swoon!!! Oh how I want to find one!!! I could go on and on, but let’s just suffice it to say, I love your kitchen my friend. So charming. So welcoming! Love where you put the eggs sign too!
    : ) XO Kris

I love your kitchen; its so bright and cheery. I absolutely love the concrete counters; someday i would love to have those.

You scored big on your vintage tablecloths in your past posts! They are gorgeous! We have a “hwy” garage sale every year; I didn’t make this year, we were on vaca. Maybe next year.

I love your kitchen…it is gorgeous!! We are in the middle of remodeling ours. They are a lot of work, but Oh…so worth it when all done.

Cindy

I just love your house and your kitchen does not disappoint! Has it ever appeared in a magazine? It should. I love the fact that it’s green (I work for a company that has a rainwater harvesting line). Thank you for including where everything came from because as I was perusing the photos I was like … where did she get that … every couple of pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚ Love, love, love your kitchen! Warm and inviting, and it looks very liveable, too.

I love your kitchen!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I noticed that your back splash is just wood. Do you have it polyed or anything? I really love your stools. The pop of green is so pretty. I think I voted for the Egg sign for over the sink, but after seeing the kitchen as a whole, I love where it is. It adds a pop of color to that corner just blending it all together! You are very blessed!

Great kitchen and I loved all the pictures. I’m following now!

Hi Dawn, love your log cabin kitchen. The frugal buys, vintage linens and all your special touches are enchanting. xoxo, Olive

Dawn, Your kitchen is perfect. I love the open natural feel to it and all the vinatge touches. What a great place to gather.

Ok…my heart is going potter patter over your kitchen Dawn. It’s so well thought out with everything a modern kitchen needs but what stands out is all your vintage touches that make it such a bright spot. Thanks for sharing and I see a visit in my future for a fall visit. Nothing like inviting myself down!

Enjoyed the tour, Dawn. Even though I’ve seen your lovely home many times, it’s always fun to see how you’ve added touches of the season, especially with all your lovely wild flowers.

Carol