Wildflower Centerpiece #11

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page

This weeks wildflower centerpiece is
“False Sunflower”

Many people dig up this flower from roadside ditches to plant in their garden beds.

They grow to be between 3 and 5 feet high, making them a great backdrop for a perennial garden.

I love that you can mow these flowers over and they will come right back and bloom again.

The wildflowers are coming to an end here in Michigan so I’ll have just a few more week left in this series.  Fall is creeping up on us fast.

If you missed the rest of the wildflower series it can be seen Here.

The Blogger NetworkAdvertise with us Report this ad

Comments

Sunflowers are certainly a flower that say “SUMMER” I have always loved them for there Vibrant color and simplicity… Your wildflower series has been very enjoyable!
    Angelina

So pretty Dawn. How are the toesies today?
    Hey…thanks for the nice compliment. My legs are the only thing on me that is not fluffy!! Weird?
    XO Kris

Beautiful. They used to grow along the ditch at my grandmother’s farm. I loved them and would pick them for her but I’m sure she got sick of them pretty fast. ;-)

Love the False Sunflowers. I can’t wait for the Goldenrod to blossom, it is one of my favorite all-time wild flowers. I use it as an herbal remedy, too. Flowerettes, stem, leaves, roots.

Blessings~

Oh Dawn, this is my favorite in your series! It is adorable, and country, and sweet and simple and all the things that conjure up being just picked from a country lane! I wish they were sitting on my kitchen counter!

So lovely, Dawn.
    And you’re right. The resistance of wildflowers are a lesson and inspiration of Nature.
    And I bet yours are loving that galvanized pot. I did.
    Thank you for sharing!

7. Anonymous says

It is additionally true that you can reduce the interest rates just making a systematic investigating online and comparing various loan quotes of the lender nie.im once you’ve finish to complete go through the submit button and await a message from social security system sss.