Added Seating to the Island with Industrial Bar Stools

I know you have all seen the bar stools in Antibes Green that are around my island.  Well we always seem to have several kids eating at our house and teenage boys have something against sitting at the dining room table.  Apparently it not “cool”.

To solve the seating problem, I purchased stackable, industrial bar stools.

Now the boys can line them up on both sides of the island and dine saloon style.

They are a great space saver.  I just stack them all in the corner of my dining area and the kids can unstack them when needed.

I’m not sure how comfortable they are, but teenage boys don’t seem to mind.

If you are looking for some the best price I found was

Comments

Dawn – How smart to get something that you can stack when you’re not using them. Good shopping.

Judy

Looks like the perfect teen hangout! Those are the best times, aren’t they?! I’m missing them, but my girl is bringing a gaggle with her when she comes home for Texas/OU weekend. I sure wish I had your awesome island for them to hang around!
    Have a great weekend, Andrea

The industrial bar stools look great in your kitchen. My daughter just got her first apartment and is needing some bar stools. I’ll have to show her these…she loves the industrial look. These would be perfect since they are stackable when not being used…perfect for apartment living.
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Cindy

I like the look Dawn, its the unexpected that always catches our eye. I’m sure the boys love them too but knowing teenage boys they would have sat on a crate if there was food involved. Thanks for sharing.

I like them, Dawn, and the that’s awesome how they stack too. They look great in your kitchen! 🙂

Have a great weekend.

I love these…isn’t great to “belly” up to eating bar…so much more family friendly.

Dawn,your comment on my blog:
    Been meaning to tell you, since you started your new blog all your messages come through as no-reply so I can’t respond. Have you been told his by others? I like to respond to your comments on my blog but it won’t let me:( You can change it in your profile if you would like to get responses back.
    *****HOW DO I FIX THIS?…CAN YOU HELP YOU?

Those look perfect for teenagers (boys or girls), but this older “bum” would need padding!

Carol

This is a great idea. You are so lucky you have such a big open space…definitely an awesome place to hang out. Enjoy your Sunday!

Your stools are amazing! I love a touch of industrial! Just found your blog (love it!) and am your newest follower 🙂
    Susan

Test…1..2…3…test???
    Hope this worked…I appreciate you so much my sweet bloggie friend!

Those stools are great! I really like the industrial look. I’m particularly smitten with the Tolix chairs.

Those are pretty cool Dawn. You know I love the green ones but these are nice for the winter season. Plus they give you more seating. So glad you shared with my party.

Really like these. We have these same stools at our lake place. They get lots of good use.:-)