Tomato Basil Soup – Gluten Free and Paleo

In an 8 qt. stock pot saute onions and garlic in oil over medium-high heat until soft.  Add tomatoes, basil, chicken broth, salt and pepper.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.  With a stick blender puree the mixture.  Add balsamic vinegar and coconut milk.

I also add a pad of butter to the bottom of each bowl.

Delicious!!

I am the only one in our house that eats tomato soup, so I can the extra.  Making it easier for me when I want a quick bowl.

Have you been making soups and stews now that we are into Fall?Linking up with
Between Naps on the Porch
Clever Chicks
Cedar Hill Ranch

Comments

Hi Dawn! I like the way you made a graphic for the recipe. Very clever! I want to try this recipe – I love tomato basil soup made from scratch and the coconut milk in this recipe has me intrigued. I’m a vegetarian so I’ll swap out vegetable broth for the chicken broth. And I can’t believe no one else in your family eats tomato soup. They don’t know what they’re missing. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hi Dawn,

I found you through Debbie Doo’s blog. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not sure if I can sign up on the linky party this week though.

I am not normally a fan of tomato soup, but it sure looks yummy. Maybe I can try it. Never had it with basil.

I will be signing up to follow your blog. I love log homes and would love you have one some day. We lived in the mountains for a couple of years and I miss it. It would be a great place for the log home. ๐Ÿ™‚

I will be checking out some of your popular posts too.

If you’d like to stop by here is where to find me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great week. Take care, Janet W

OOPS! Also wanted to say, that is a cute crochet place mat. Did you make it? Do you have the instructions for it? ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care, Janet W

I’ll definitely try this. It seems we are all intrigued by the addition of coconut milk! I’ll have to share, though…everyone in my house LOVES tomato soup.

Sounds yummy! I used to love Campbell’s Tomato Soup, with soda crackers crumbled into it. Mmmmm!
    Who made the cute crochet hot pad?
    xo Kris

Dawn, I am definitely trying your soup! I even like Campbell’s tomato soup, but I always add a little butter to it, and that makes it so much better! Off to the store to get some coconut milk!