The Girls Got Framed

Yes, indeed the girls got framed.

I love my cow print and have had it hanging in the living room for a few months.
I noticed the other day that it was getting lost in the wall color.

A wall color that I cannot change.
That is one disadvantage to living in a log home.

So down to the basement I went in search of some
scrap lumber to make a frame.

I found some pine trim boards that were left over from the build,
so I snagged them and fitted them around the frame.

I figured a coat of white paint and a little dark wax would
work to make the cows pop against the log walls.

I like how it looks now and the frame isn’t attached to the picture
so I can remove it any time I want.

Comments

Dawn,
    Love Love the picture of the girls!!!! They are just adorable and now that you framed them even more adorable! I love the white washed frame against the log walls. So pretty. That looks fantastic. I need to find me some cows!!!!!
    Kris

Hi Dawn! Oh, you did this? Made the frame for your girls? I love it and they look so cute. I’m really impressed with all of your craftsmanship, you’re so young and all. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Your girls are darling too.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh….I just love that print of the cows! I came across it a while back and never bought it, now i could kick myself! Yours looks so good in the frame….LOVE it!! ๐Ÿ™‚

xo…jodi

Perfect! Don’t you have such a feeling of satisfaction from doing that yourself? Well, I know y’all did so much of your house and it is awesome!

5. Anonymous says

Hi Dawn. I have been wanting to add a cow picture to my home. Your girls look great and the frame you made looks perfect. Jennifer v

It really makes them pop! The frame is a perfect fit for the girls. Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

Oh My! I’ve been looking everywhere for a cow print or painting–one I could afford. We don’t get many cow prints here–mostly tractors and cotton. And, that frame just set it off! Love it.

Dawn,
    Amazing transformation!!!
    Seems you and I, dear one, are “totally” being “framed” this week! Ha!
    Love the use of the blue mason jars with the girls photo!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Visiting from Susan’s!!!