The Simple things that Bring Joy

Today I put together two things that are
very simple but bring me much joy, and for
that I am grateful.
I looked around today and thought to myself how
much I enjoy the simple pleasures of having
Farm Fresh Eggs to bake with every day.
 I have had the same best friend for over 35 years and she
is gracious enough to share with me
all these beautiful eggs.

I love how they look piled up inside my Grandmothers
bowl.  She called it her popcorn bowl, because
she used to eat popcorn from it every night until
she handed it down to me.

They both look so pretty resting on the vintage
red and yellow pot holder.

It’s funny sometime how the little things in
life bring a smile to your face.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and
finds something to be grateful for!

Comments

Very pretty photos. I buy only local, free-range, organic brown eggs. There is nothing like them. I wish everyone would stop buying the supermarket eggs. They come from factories where the chickens are treated inhumanely. We need to stop now.

I love fresh eggs too Dawn, you lucky girl having a friend who has them year around. I get fresh eggs in the summer but not the winter. I couldn’t agree more about having simple pleasures that fill each day, it makes the world go around. Enjoy the snow today!

I love the simple things in life too Dawn. Having farm fresh eggs is such a happy thing. I love your Grandmas popcorn bowl. But my goodness, mine is the largest Tupperware bowl in the house! You know, that giant one?
    Tee hee
    xo Kris

Gorgeous photos Dawn. Now that I’ve taken my class I try to figure how shots were achieved and my world is turned upside down. Thanks for the shout out yeaterday, too. Have a wonderful day!

That must be really nice! I’ve always wanted chickens of my own – maybe this year! Lovely photos!

Farm Fresh Eggs taste better, too! My grandpa always made us popcorn when we went to his house. Since he passed away, I have not had that delicious of popcorn, ever. He used real butter and an air popper. Popcorn reminds me of him as that bowl must have special memories for you.

Your farm fresh egg vignetts is daring!!! So happy and tells a story of cooking happily in the kitchen with these wonderful eggs on hand! I get my eggs from one of my friends too. They are the best!!!

Your post made me smile. The yellow pitcher
    and the bowl of fresh eggs. How Spring!
    I’ve been fighting my HOA for 4 years now
    to have chickens but they will not budge!
    Lovely Post
    Sandy

Yes…you are lucky to have farm fresh eggs.

Blessings,
    Linda

Dawn,
    Oh wow to have farm fresh eggs. I bet that is pretty wonderful. I love all the pictures and love your grandmothers popcorn bowl. That is a beautiful treasure to have. So pretty the whole post.
    Kris

you are so lucky< we used to raise laying hens on the farm, had fresh eggs all the time, sadly their house was dismantled last fall and I have had to buy store bought. Hopfully this spring we will build a new hen house and I will be in business again

“Simply” beautiful, Dawn. Your vignette brings a smile. I have a very similar pitcher in green — love that sunflower color!

Carol