Entry Way into a Log Home

One of my favorite little escape spots in our log home is the
side entrance bench.
When we built the house I knew better than to put in a closet, as I live with
my Hubby and our 2 boys.  Men and boys for some reason have no idea
of how to use a hanger so this is what we came up with.
A bench to sit on while tying our shoes and have
hooks above to hang our coats on.
 Now I don’t have to remind anyone to hang up their coat,
with the hooks everyone seems to keep their
stuff neat and tidy.
 While we were building the house I would sometimes sneak away
and take a little rest on the bench.  The sun comes through the
door in the afternoon and it’s a great place to lay and let the
sun warm your bone.
One of my favorite sights to see is all my boys cowboy boots
lined up against the wall, to me it means they
are all home safe and sound.
 The bench is twelve feet long and gives us plenty
of room to sit down and kick off our boots.

Thank you for stopping by!
Linking up with

I can see how you would love that entry way. It is bright and cheery and welcoming. I love all the boots lined up too!!! So sweet.

Dawn, I am officially addicted to your house and blog.. lol. Just coming for a visit makes me feel at peace and happy. Thank you 🙂 I love your ideas – and this is one of my favorite spots that you have shared in your beautiful home. I probably say that w/ every one though, don’t I? 😉 Love it! Have a wonderful Sunday. -Tammy

Love it Dawn and the idea of not putting in a closet is perfect. Lots of space to put your “pretties” along with the necessities.

I love a place for my family to take off their shoes and hang up their coats too, we have a mud room and I just love having a separate place to take shoes off. We have hooks too, it’s so much better than a closet; I agree! 🙂

So pretty! It looks like it does get some amazing light and for that reason alone it would be someplace I would hang out. But also love the big star!

I can see why it’s one of your favourite spots. Bright and cheerful.
    I agree… hooks are so much better than a closet. Men, I live with 3 tend to use them more.
    Cheers, Gee

Very pretty entry way. I love all the antique/vintage pieces and how you pulled it all together.

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

Oh my Dawn! I’m in love with that space! It’s perfect for a log cabin and you’ve made a perfect blend between beautiful and practical. This just might be my favorite spot in your house….or it could be your dining room….or kitchen. 🙂 That’s too tough!

Looks like it could be right out of one of those Country Living mags, Dawn! So charming, colorful, cozy, homey AND functional. It’s got it all! Thanks for sharing this great spot.

I love the bench and how you have it decorated! Beautiful!

Love your entry way…it is so pretty!! I know the feeling…my hubby never hangs his coats up either. I had him put a rack up right inside the house from the garage and he does hang his coats up there. It must be a guy thing!! LOL…

I love the oversized star and the tray of eggs. Do you have hens?

Love your bench and how you have styled it. I love to lie on my window seat and soak in the sun in the afternoon.

This is such a fun and charming little spot, Dawn! I can certainly see why you enjoy sneaking away to enjoy it.

That’s it! I want to come live at your house. You bring life into your home with such ease. It’s so cozy from top to bottom. Who knows…my next home (retirement) may have to be a log cabin. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Farmhouse hugs,

Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to mention that I have really
    loved surfing around your weblog posts. In
    any case I’ll be subscribing to your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!