Side Entrance Porch of a Log Home

Welcome to my side porch entrance…
The weather here still has no sign of Spring anytime soon, but I was ready to start decorating anyway.

I refer to this porch as the commoner porch.

The porch where family and friends enter our home. We have a front door but only guests use it, and it always catches me by surprise to hear a knock.

The area is decorated with vintage sheets as curtains, an apple crate turned upside down as a table, and a curbside rocking chair to sit in while putting on your turquoise garden boots.

Most of the items on the porch were thrifted, I think they have so much character, and fit right into our rustic log home.

A vintage pillow case came in handy to recover the small pillow that rests on the rocking chair. And I think a blue canning jar isa staple for decorating any farmhouse.

I have two porches to finish decorating for spring so drop back by soon and take a look.

Once it’s warm enough I also plan on painting the ceiling on this porch.  We plan on putting bead board and lighting in the ceiling but until we do that, paint will give it a finished look. Any color suggestions???

Signature

Comments

If I was dropping in I’d have to park myself right on the porch for awhile. So pretty and inviting. Bead board sounds really nice and I love little ceiling lights. Those daisies are calling to me. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hugs, Deb

So pretty! We have a screened porch on the back, and we have friends come in that way. “Backdoor friends are the best” I like to say! I love the idea of the curtains. Last summer I finally convinced my hubby to tear down the horrible ceiling in there, so we have unfinished beams above now. It’s time to finish it, we want to put a ceiling fan. Haven’t decided about paint or not. I have an old chicken crate in there that makes a cute table.

Love this little porch. Such a perfect spot. Love the way you have decorated it. So lovely. I wish my forsythia would bloom ~
    Love the turquoise boots ๐Ÿ˜‰

You have just one pretty porch after another! So warm and welcoming, makes you want to linger and take it in before coming inside!

I think a pale light aqua would be beautiful!! Your porch is so cozy and inviting.

Judy

Can I come curl up on your porch and stay the afternoon and evening. It’s so comfy and inviting it just makes a gal want to sit and watch the grass grow… enjoy a glass of sweet tea ..and listen to the birds chirp .. what a lovely spot you have to enjoy ..!

your thrifting finds along with your decorating talent have made a beautiful space.

Happy Spring ..Sara

So this is what you had planned for the vintage sheets — very nice and so appropriate for your rustic log home! Your commoner porch is very inviting — no wonder few people use your front door!

Carol

Beautiful Dawn, love the big bottle. Down here in the south we paint porch ceilings blue to keep the haints away. We are strange like that, Olive

I was thinking Haint Blue would be a good choice. Olive also mentioned it in her comment.

LOVE the vintage sheets on the porch!!!! So pretty!
    XO Kris

Oh my gosh, this is so adorable and authentic feeling. Love the sheets and apple crate end table. Actually, I love it all! pinning

Blue like the sky! I so remember my grandmother’s porch and her blue beadboard ceiling. So fresh and perfect! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Dawn! Oh, how pretty this looks. I would never know you were getting snow! Looks like a spring day on your porch. Love those blue wellies! ๐Ÿ™‚
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ๐Ÿ™‚

Very pretty! Love the curtains!

Really like the touches of blue for spring and your white rocking chair is really inviting. A light blue ceiling would be pretty.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

So cute Dawn!!! I would love to be sitting there.

Kathy

17. Anonymous says

Hi,Your porch is lovely. For the paint color, what about at robin egg blue. I remember reading that in years long ago the color was used for painting porch ceilings. A house that I past on my walk home from school had a robin egg blue ceiling, I can still see the elderly gentleman sitting there waving to me as I walked by each school day.

I think Luckett’s Green would look gorgeous ๐Ÿ˜‰ I love log homes, it’s always been my dream to have one…maybe one day!

19. Anonymous says

This is a great tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise informationโ€ฆ Thank you for sharing this one.
    A must read article!

Feel free to surf to my blog: natural cellulite treatment