As we near fall sweet potatoes will be abundant and here is a tasty recipe that is a great side dish with any meal of the day. Sweet Potato Bites are a favorite of mine I could eat sweet potatoes for every meal and sometimes do. I make a big batch for dinner and warm up the leftovers for breakfast the next morning they are the perfect pair with eggs. Kids love these they can pick them up with their fingers to eat and even dip them in their favorite sauce.
I also make my own spice to put on the sweet potato bites. I make it up in a big batch and put it in a shaker. I use it so often, it is nice to have it made up and kept in my spice rack.
Below you can print the Sweet Potato Recipe as well as the Sweet Potato Spice Recipe.
- 4 large sweet potatoes.
- 1/4 C melted coconut oil.
- Seasoning to taste.
- Wash and cut sweet potatoes into bite size pieces. Place in a clean bowl. Drizzle with coconut oil, and stir to coat potatoes. Sprinkle with seasoning. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden brown. Enjoy!
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix in a shaker and sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
And the winner of the Watermark Giveaway is: Rondell from “Something Nice and Pretty”