Bobbing for Apples

Apples in the Water

Anyone want to go bobbing for apples in the cool, crisp waters of the stream? As most of you know, I take my camera everywhere I go and this morning on my walk I happened to notice bright red apples floating in the stream that runs beside our property. There’s no apple tree nearby so someone had to have placed them there.

Apples in the Leaves

As I struggled to make my way down the steep embankment to capture a photo I noticed several apples on the ground too. You all know what a klutz I am, and yep you guessed it, I stepped on a grouping of apples and down I went sliding down the hill quickly approaching the water. All I could think of was hold the camera high so It doesn’t get wet. Luckily I was able to put one hand down into the very moist, leaf rotted soil and stop myself. Whew, now how I was I going to get back up the hill without loosing my footing again?  Those apples were like walking on marbles and I now see how they got into the water, all someone did was dump a batch at the top of the hill and they rolled into the stream. I decided to carefully choose a walking path without apples scattered about and placed each foot gingerly to make my way back to solid ground.

Apples in Water

I’m not sure why I always get these hair brained ideas, but I do. I can’t imagine how cold that water is and wasn’t about to find out, I was about to bob for apples the hard way.

Oh Dawn…the things you do to capture a gorgeous photo!…Glad you did not take that dunk into the cold water and that you are OK!!!…and the camera too!!!….Fallen leaves can be slippery but coupled with those apples and you being a “klutz”…well it was the perfect storm….Have a great weekend…!!!

Shirley, thank for stopping by:) I will try to keep dry and upright for the rest of the weekend.

2. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says

Well no matter how they got there, they sure look beautiful! So glad you didn’t land in the water with them!

3. Tammy says

Sorry, but that was too funny! The first thing I thought of was “Oh no, she broke her camera!” Good save! and pretty pics!

Tammy, I would rather break myself than my camera. LOL

4. susanjc says

What an amazing photo and something that is not a common sight to see, but true to nature! Nice job and glad you’re ok and didn’t break a wrist or something!

Susan, I am so glad I was ok too, I normally end up with some sort of injury.

Another Dawn adventure! So glad you were able to hold that camera up high and stop just short of the water!

Claudia, me too who cares about my body as long as the camera was saved. LOL

6. Kris says

Well that would have been quite a chilly greeting for you, had you hit the water!!! But you did get some great pics! All in a days work, eh?
    Miss ya…
    xo Kris

Kris, yes the things I do for a photo. LOL text me when you have time to chat and we will catch up:)

Sounds like something I would do, only I would definitely end up in the water. Glad you were able to stop yourself and your photos are gorgeous. xo Laura

Laura, so you are a klutz too? I have always been on and don’t seem to be getting any better with age.

Oh Dawn good thing you are ok. That would have been a cold dip in the water! The pictures are gorgeous.

Kris, it has snowed here already so I bet that water is very cold, to cold to be wading in it for sure.

I shouldn’t be laughing but I am…you really do need to be more careful! Glad you are OK…and that the camera is OK too!

Ann, I was more worried about the camera than myself. I feel I am turning into an unsteady old person. LOL

Hi Dawn
    So glad you’re OK.
    Aren’t you still healing from a previous broken bone?
    Your photos are so crisp and clear.
    I wonder if hunters dumped the apples for deer feed…

Kim, Yes I am still healing from my last fall. LOL. I asked my kids if they planted the apples there and they said no, so not sure who did. We do feed the deer all our apple and carrot scraps but it wasn’t us this time.