How to Make Cinnamon Rolls from Biscuits

Cinnamon Rolls from Biscuits

I’m sure this is nothing new but I wanted to show you how I make cinnamon rolls from biscuits. My son eats these every morning before going to school and they are getting quite pricey; you have to remember he can eat half a panful himself, which means I make them every other morning. If I can find them on sale they are $3 a tube, if not they are closer to $3.69. So what I do now is purchase the tube of butter biscuits in the store brand for $1 and make them myself. I certainly know I don’t have an additional $2-3 into turning them into cinnamon rolls, and he says they are much better than the pre-made anyway.

Cinnamon Rolls from Biscuits

1. Pop open the biscuit tube. 2. Place biscuits on a flat surface. 3. Roll them out, butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon 50/50 works best. 4. Roll up. 5. Cut in half. 6. Place into a buttered pan, and top each roll with a pad of butter. 7. Bake according to directions on package. 8. Top with icing made from powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla, and milk.

Cinnamon Rolls from Biscuits

Serve while warm:)  Yummy and much cheaper this way. With the price of food going through the ceiling I have to be more creative with how I make things, and this is one idea that’s a keeper. Do any of you have great money saving tips on food prep that turns out better than the original version?

PinIt

Cinnamon Rolls from Biscuits

Signature

Comments

Very creative. I’m sure they are a big hit on these cold mornings. ๐Ÿ™‚

This is my kind of recipeโ€ฆeasy and delicious!!!โ€ฆthanks Dawn and have a great weekend!

Shirley, thanks for stopping. Now that school is back in session I am making these again in the morning.

Yum…and so easy too! My Mom would make cinnamon rolls with leftover pastry…they were delicious too!

Yum Dawn! Would you link these up to Friday Favorites at http://imnotatrophywife.com? My boys will love these! I am in the same boat- it gets pricey and they aren’t that great. I love the splash of vanilla. I buy the Kroger brand and get those biscuits for 2 for $1.00 and buy in bulk!!!

Laura, I have never seen them that cheap. We don’t have a Kroger near me, but wish I did.

Oh, this idea is definitely a keeper. Adding canned biscuits to the grocery list now ๐Ÿ™‚

Barbara, good for you ๐Ÿ™‚ you will love them!

Dawn,
    Yum I am going to try these. Have you ever used these to make donuts. You just punch a hole in the middle and put them in hot oil and fry them about a minute on each side and set on a paper towel for a minute and then drop them in a paper bag of cinnamon and sugar or powder sugar or you can glaze them like your cinnamon rolls. The cheaper the biscuits the better the donuts. They are great on a cold morning too.
    Kris

Kris, no I have never tried making donuts from them. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Kathleen G says

I shop at Fry’s, a Kroger grocery store. I have bought the 2 for a $1.00 Kroger biscuits too. Also makes great donuts. I’ll try the cinnamon rolls. Thanks Dawn and keep warm, Kathleen in Az

Kathleen you are the second person to suggest making donuts from the biscuits, I will give it a go. Thanks for the idea!

Love these Dawn! Is it wrong to want cinnamon rolls for lunch? ๐Ÿ™‚

Mary you can want them any time of the day. LOL

I think I will make these with my grand-kids today…Sweet…thanks

Teresa, I bet the grands will have a great time making these ๐Ÿ™‚