How To Clean A Laundry Dryer

If you are following along with the “30 Minute Cleaning Challenge” then you know this month I am woking in the laundry area and this week I am cleaning the dryer.

How to Clean a Clothes Dryer

This area is a breeze to clean and should only take about 10 minutes of your time if you have the proper tools to work with.

*First saturate a microfiber cloth with your favorite organic cleaner and throw it into the dryer and turn it on. The microfiber cloth will clean and freshen up the drum. I normally let mine run until the cloth is completely dry.

*Second while the dryer is going I wipe down the outside of the dryer with the same organic cleaner and for stubborn stains or marks I use a Magic Eraser.

*Third get yourself a Lint Lizard, this little gadget hooks up to your vacuum cleaner and allows you to vacuum out the lint trap as well as the lint hose on the back of the dryer. I make sure to do this at least twice a year, it’s amazing how much lint can get built up that you can’t reach with normal cleaning. The Lint Lizard is a $10 item and can be purchased at any big box store.

I love this weeks challenge it was rewarding and super easy. It’s not to late to join in on the cleaning ๐Ÿ™‚ Now tell me what areas of your home you are Spring cleaning.

30 Minute Cleaning Challenge March Areas to Clean

Signature

Comments

Hi Dawndie! I’m loving your cleaning posts! I have one of those lint thingys and I do use it. Makes you feel so good when you know things are so clean that you can’t even see! ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve tried and tired to post on your Spring posts but could never find a comment place. Just wanted you to know! Thanks for popping in to see my silly cows.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

Debbie, thanks for stopping by. I am so glad this month is an easy cleaning month I am still spending 6-8 hours a day with my Gram.

2. Kris says

I seem to have started my Spring Cleaning out in the yards!!! But today, I must clean the house!!! Good tips.
    I miss talking to you!
    XO Kris

Today is Friday, and that means cleaning day at my house. I have never put a cleaning cloth in the dryer but I will now since I’ve read your post. I have one of those long lint grabbers but it doesn’t hook up to my vacuum. I think yours would do a better job of retrieving more lint. Well, got to get started now! Have a good weekend, Dawn!

My month of cleaning is going slowly, but I am plugging away at it.

I didn’t have the washer and dryer on the list, but I guess I need to add them after reading your tips.

Carol, my dryer takes a beating my kids clothing is greasy dirty and for some reason that stuff creates a lot of oily lint.

Dawn I can’t wait to get my downstairs finished so I can get to spring cleaning….it’s starting to make me crazy!! HAve a great weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Martina, my craft room is like that now, it seems to be the catch all spot and it is a disaster right now.

Great tip today Dawn…and love the idea of that Lint Lizard!..