If you’re looking for a fast and fun treat to make Marshmallow Pops are it…. The cheer squad is having a bake sale to raise money for new uniforms and asked me to contribute something, well of course I said yes. I didn’t want to make the traditional cookies, pies, or cakes so I decided to make some Marshmallow Pops. They are fast and no baking required, just a microwave. My time is limited these days I am trying to catch up at home after spending so much time at the rehab with Gram, so I was all over making something easy. The best part is everything you need can be purchased at Wally World, you don’t even have to hit a fancy candy store.
(1) What you need: Marshmallows, Lollipop Sticks, Colored Candy Melts in the Color of your Choice, Embellishments (sprinkles, eyeballs, candy flowers), Small Cellophane Bags, and Ribbon.
(2) Melt white candy melts in the microwave, this will be used as the anchor for holding the stick in the marshmallow.
(3) Just dip the stick into the melted white candy melts and plunge it into the bottom of each marshmallow.
(4) Stand marshmallows upright until the candy had hardened and the stick is secure (this will take about 2 minutes).
(5) Melt any color of the candy melts, dip in the marshmallow, and twirl to release any extra drips.
(6) Dip into candy embellishments
(7) Prop up in a coffee cup.
(8) Let dry, add a cellophane bag and tie with ribbon.
I made 50 pops and it took me about 1.5 hours, the part that took the longest was stuffing all those marshmallows into the wrappers and tying off with the ribbon. This would be a fun treat to make with kids, or to do at a sleep over.
The cheerleaders just stopped by to pick up the pops and of course teenage girls thought they were so cute I hope they all sell, and they make lots of money for new uniforms.