Jeweled Weeping Cherry

Jeweled Weeping Cherry |Diy Garden Art | Creative Cain CabinRemember my earlier post about the birdbath and the weeping cherry that didn’t survive the winter? Since it will never bloom I decided to give it a little life and show you what I did to the tree….I JEWELED it. For some reason I just couldn’t make myself dig it up and put it in the compost heap. So instead I got creative.

Jeweled Weeping Cherry |Diy Garden Art | Creative Cain CabinBack in the day I used to make jewelry and just recently I thought to myself I need to get rid of that stuff it’s just taking up space. Well I’m so glad I didn’t. I was able to add a good amount of bling from my bead stash to the weeping branches.

Garden Art |Bead Project |Weeping Cherry | Creative Cain CabinIt couldn’t have been easier, in fact it was quite an enjoyable task and I love it when I get to use up some of those old craft items. All I did was string random glass beads onto jewelry wire, wrap it around the branches, and stand back to admire.

Jeweled Weeping Cherry |Diy Garden Art | Creative Cain CabinI hope all the bright colored beads help attract birds to the birdbath right below it. I don’t know why I have it in my head that the birds will be attracted to the bright jewel tones, but I do.

Jeweled Weeping Cherry |Diy Garden Art | Creative Cain CabinI really like the look (no for FREE I love the look). What do you think?

Thanks Adelina ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s different for sure.

1. Cheryl Major says

How clever Dawn….I Love It !

Thank you Cheryl I hope it holds up well all summer long.

Thank you Carole, it is happy looking for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Melissa says

Now that’s being creative. .so pretty..I love it!

Barbara, thanks. I love to sit on the porch and just admire it as the sun hits the jewels.

Dawn too cute. I am so loving this. Glad you could get creative and save the weeping cherry for a little while longer. With all it’s pretty charms maybe it will bring it around to wanting to bud on it’s own again. You never know!!! Looks great.

Kris, I think I will dig around the roots and put some growth hormone on them to see if I can coax it back to life. I guess it couldn’t hurt.

Thank you Carol, that is a complement coming from you. You are so creative ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Ann C says

I so enjoyed the weeping tree bedazzlement! My rule is give a tree three years before pulling it. Sometimes they are shocked and it takes some time to recover. We had a huge old catalpa tree that didn’t leaf out for three years after a flood but on the third year it was back to its glorious state. I was so glad we couldn’t afford to have it cut down!

Ann, I never knew that good thing I haven’t yanked it out yet. Thanks for the advice I will leave for another year ๐Ÿ™‚

5. susan says

That looks very original and you didn’t destroy the tree! I love it!

Susan, I guess I will keep the tree another season and see if it makes a come back.

6. Nancy Blue Moon says

Thanks for the great idea Dawn..I lost a small Japanese Maple in a planter to this nasty Winter and hated to pull it out..this will look pretty and give the tree a chance to come back..

Nancy, give it a try. I guess I will keep my tree planted another season too and see it by some miracle it comes to life next year.

Dawn, you are so creative! I bet you just smile every time you glance at the tree from your porch. I admire those weeping cherry trees and want to plant one some day. Hopefully, yours will come back to life!

Jane I hope it does to they are a pricey tree and I haven’t even seen it bloom yet.

Thanks Susan, it is bright and cheery in the flower bed ๐Ÿ™‚

This is such a cute idea! I have a gigantic stash of beads too. I can’t bring myself to get rid of them though…I hope you get lots of birds splashing in your bird bath!

Ann, maybe we should do a giveaway and hand out bags of beads. LOL So far not a bird in the bath, at least now one while I was looking ๐Ÿ™

Well now I have to buy a weeper and hope it dies !!!!!!!
    That is soooo gorgeous Dawn !
    What an incredibly brilliant idea – xoxo

LOL Suzan no you want it to live, it will be much prettier. You are to funny!

How so very cute!!! . . there is nothing like having a little bling in the garden!!

Shirley, it is bling for now maybe next year there will be green leaves and flowers again.

Alicia, it sure looks better than the dead branches, hopefully it will come back next year.

Looks great Dawn, add some sparkle to that spot in the garden. We have a lilac tree that didn’t survive the winter and I’ve been converting it into a bottle tree and a Gnome Sweet Gnome spot. I’ve got a post in the planning … just waiting for some finishing touches to be done.

Linda, I originally wanted to make mine into a bottle tree too but the weeping branches just weren’t sturdy enough so that’s why I went with beads. Can’t wait to see yours ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Lauina says

What a great idea Dawn! I live in northwest Florida and this past winter , we had an unprecedented ice storm which appears to have killed my lime tree ๐Ÿ™ I just have not had the heart to cut it down, hoping it would bud out. Nothing so far so I will use my beads on it!

Lauina, Oh so glad you will be able to do this to your tree also. Send me a pic for sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi dawn, just love this idea. It’ll be wonderful during the winter months when you need some colour. Cheers

Lesley, Great thought I bet it will be beautiful sparkling off the snow ๐Ÿ™‚