Country Living

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinFor those of you who don’t know, I live in lower Michigan and wouldn’t want to be any where else. This time of the year there are so many things going on, it’s time to bale hay and straw and farms are a bustle.

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinI thought you might enjoy some sights from my neck of the woods. We have had some glorious skies this summer. I often wonder if it’s due to the cool temperatures we’ve had. I’ve only used the air one day this year.

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinI’ve felt like a storm chaser lately. I’ve made it a point to go out in the evening and snap a few photos when the sun is going down. We’ve had a lot of pink skies which add a beautiful glow to the photos.

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinAnd no dirt road is complete until you spot the oversized dandelions. They grow about 3 feet high and can be found on both sides almost spilling over into the road. I wonder if the kind that grow in my yard would get that tall if I let them go?

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinI feel like I get so much more accomplished when it’s cooler. I normally dread summer when it get’s above 80 but this year it has been just perfect. There’s always a breeze in the country, making it all bearable.

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinSee what I mean by the glorious skies? We have had stormy weather and the brightest blue backdrop for the big puffy clouds.

Country Living | Creative Cain Cabin

Maybe I’m just getting old and noticing things differently but I never remember skies with so much color before.

Country Living | Creative Cain CabinI hope you enjoyed a tour of my countryside:) Have a good weekend everyone. And by the way, all photos were taken with my iphone.

dawn

Comments

Beautiful pictures! A agree – the skies this year have been particularly gorgeous. Or maybe I am just taking the time to notice them more.

Karen, I’m glad I’m not the only one who has noticed a change.

It is beautiful! Where in lower Michigan do you live? I live in Goshen, IN and we have been having the same weather. I love sitting outside, with the breeze blowing and watch the world go by. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Debbie, You’re not far from me I am just one hour north of the Indiana Michigan border in Bellevue.

Linda I have had shipments go to the wrong place before and end up in Belleville LOL

Beautiful pictures Dawn. Love those dandelions along the road side. They are too pretty. Who says a weed cannot be pretty LOL! Love the sunsets and the beautiful skies.
    Kris

Kris, thank you for stopping over. Are you having all the pink skies like us?

Oh my goodness! What gorgeous photos, especially the one with the puffy clouds in the sky! It’s hard for me to imagine a summer where you only turn on the air conditioning once. Get the guest house ready. I’m coming for a vacation and relief from our heat! (Just kidding, but wouldn’t it be nice to meet?)

Jane, that would be such fun to have you and Leo for a visit. We could gab and swing on the porch. I think I may also pick Leo’s brain for some gardening advice.

Beautiful! We just got back from a quick trip to MN farm country where my hubby grew up. We live in a wooded area here in Western WA so it was refreshing to see wide open skies across Montana, ND and MN. Funny thing was it was much hotter here at home while we were away. VERY pleasant weather in MN, surprisingly, ๐Ÿ™‚

Barb, MN is quite similar to MI. I would love to travel west to see the sights, maybe once I finish with school.

6. Kathleen G says

Beautiful country pictures with the farmers harvesting. I’m glad that your summer was on the cool side, so you can enjoy the outdoors more comfortable. Waiting for our monsoon weather to end here in Phoenix. Thank you for the refreshing pictures. Kathleen in Az

Kathleen, I don’t think I could do Arizona in the summer, I love our cool temps to much. I get a lot more work done when it’s cool.

7. Nancy Blue Moon says

Beautiful country you have there Dawn..beautiful here in Central Pa too but we also have mountains all around us..your pics are frame worthy..

Nancy thank you I have never been to PA but close ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. says

It all looks so beautiful and serene, like a breath of fresh air!

Sharon, that’s exactly what it is. Good ole’ clean and and country living at it’s best.

9. Debi says

Growing up I lived in St. Clair Shores, MI; then in Durand and the East Lansing area. Now I’m in the U.P. of Michigan (it’s been 8 years). Love Michigan.

Debi, you were close to me. I love the UP it’s where we snowmobile.

We’ve had some of those same clouds here – I am in LaSalle Ontario – just across the Detroit River! I haven’t been able to get out enjoy them like you have…boy your photos just scream summer to me…I so LOVE a drive in the country – we might just have to take a break from all the packing to enjoy one this weekend…thanks for sharing!!

Cheryl, My hubby is working near that area right now. He is on the Ambasador bridge between Michigan and Canada.

11. Kris says

Gorgeous shots Dawn. Greg raved about how beautiful the countryside was there!!!
    xo Kris

Thank you Stacey ๐Ÿ™‚ Have a wonderful weekend.

You are having beautiful weather, Dawn!
    I always enjoy photos from farm country-so pretty.

Thanks Kim ๐Ÿ™‚ I have enjoyed this summer over any other. I love the cool temps.

13. Linda Kay says

Love the pictures, if I didn’t know better I would think that you lived in the south.

Linda, nope a northern girl all my life. Thanks for stopping by.

I live in a farming community too… orchards of nuts and fruit trees and field after field of tomatoes …Thanks for sharing where you live…beautiful.

Teresa, I bet all the nut trees are beautiful ๐Ÿ™‚