Here’s another one of those easy recipes I whipped up while hubby was away. I would rather make one pot of something and eat it until its gone rather than think up something new everyday. I happened to have some ham leftover, not enough to make another meal so I decided to use it up in an easy crockpot soup. For me some of my favorite meals are things I throw all in together and let simmer all day. Not only is it easy, it’s delicious and hits the spot on a cold winters day.
I love having something ready when I come home from school and this took all of 10 minutes to get around in the morning. I had the crockpot on the counter and diced all the veggies the night before, so all I had to do was dump things into the crockpot and plug it in. I can’t get away with meals like this all the time, but they work out perfect when I’m only feeding myself.
- 2 Ham Steaks (or whatever amount you have on hand)
- 2 Diced Carrots
- 2 Diced Stalks of Celery
- 1/2 Diced Onion
- 1 tsp. Canadian Chicken Spice (if you don't have this even salt and pepper will do)
- 1 quart Chicken/Vegetable/or Beef Stock
- Throw all ingredients into crockpot and let cook on low for 4-6 hours. Until veggies are tender.
- None of these ingredients need to be precise, use what you have in any quantity. It's truly a throw together meal.