How to Layer a Thanksgiving Centerpiece

How to Layer a Fall Table Centerpiece | Creativecaincabin.comHere’s an easy Thanksgiving centerpiece that only requires one stop to pick up all the items. I gathered mine up after class one day at our local farmers market. I love one stop shopping, it saves so much time, and time is something I don’t have a lot of these days. While I was getting it all around I thought you might like to see my plan for layering everything.

WATCH THE HOW TO VIDEO

How to Layer a Fall Table Centerpiece | Creativecaincabin.comFirst I removed the Fall arrangement that was currently in place, and started by adding a brown and tan grainsack runner. Next came the wood slices and the green glass vases. Make sure you add things in odd numbers it will be more pleasing to the eye. For instance there are 3 vases, and 5 wood slices.

How to Layer a Fall Table Centerpiece | Creativecaincabin.comThen I topped each wood slice with a mini pumpkin and started adding flowers to the vases. I did stop along the roadside and cut the cattails I thought they would add some good texture and height to the arrangement.

How to Layer a Fall Table Centerpiece | Creativecaincabin.comNext I added some branches from a shrub, the bright yellow pop of color was needed and it also filled in the mid range for height. I’m hoping to get several days of enjoyment from the flowers, and my cat seems to like them too.

How to Layer a Fall Table Centerpiece | Creativecaincabin.comWe won’t be having a large crowd for Thanksgiving this year so a simple arrangement like this will work out perfectly.

How to Layer a Fall Table Centerpiece | Creativecaincabin.comAre you making Thanksgiving plans yet?

dawn signature

Comments

Oh this is so pretty…and perfect for your cabin. I’m not having a crowd either but am looking forward to cooking and preparing. Have a good Sunday!

Ann, I used to love a crowd but now am happy with just the 4 of us, it makes for less work.

Kris thank you, we are having a party the Saturday after Thanksgiving so I hope they hold out till then.

Simply beautiful!

I would copy you a bit, but we won’t have room on the table for much of a centerpiece when we get all the people and foot to the table. But, I can do a shorter/smaller take off.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Carol yes a smaller version would look great on your table.

3. Nancy Blue Moon says

Very pretty Dawn..I like that you gather up flowers and foliage from nature to use..I do that also..

4. JaneEllen says

I feel better to know am not only one to pick greenery or whatever along the road. I carry a pair of scissors in my glove box to cut coupons and greenery/flowers, those scissors have come in handy many times.
    I used to get your posts, been a long time, maybe a year or more, I tried to subscribe again but was told am already on the list. As soon as I saw your photo I remembered you. I always enjoyed your posts/blog. Hope all is good in your life. I saw your blog name on “The Country Farm Home” post so had to come on over, was just thinking about your blog other day. Glad I found you again.
    Your arrangements are so gorgeous, you’re a natural flower arranger.
    Happy week and season

Jane thank you for looking me up again. I have no idea why things change and you are no longer getting my updates, it’s always a mystery. I carry nippers in my purse all the time and am always cutting things from the roadside, it makes for a cheap arrangement. I should think about putting them in my glove box too, they get heavy in my purse.

beautiful idea I love all the great colors and real or silk I am sure that I could find similar flowers and have a few of those green vases as well. Yes this year our thanksgiving table will have a layered look thanks
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Angie my flowers are real but you could certainly use silk as well. I always think Hobby Lobby has the most realistic looking faux flowers.

Your Thanksgiving centerpiece is gorgeous, Dawn! Thanks so much for sharing your tips with us at Snickerdoodle. Pinned.

Hi Dawn…
    Your beautiful fall decor is going to be feature in our next Inspiration Galore Project Party at http://www.fabifabu.com/ Thank you posting and hope to see you next Sunday.๏ปฟ

Fabiola how exciting and I’m honored. Thank you so much for the invite back to the party and the heads up on the feature. Have a wonderful blogging day:)

Love the depth you added from your layering here, Dawn! And the colors are so lovely and festive. It’ll definitely pop against any fall feast you’ll be planning. Thank you for sharing this with us on #shinebloghop! So happy to have you join us this week ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria, thank you for such a kind comment. It’s cold and we need the heat on here now, so it sure feels like fall.

Victoria thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. Yes, I’m all about making it simple and easy to remove from the table when it’s time to eat.

Wow…this is absolutely beautiful! I want my Thanksgiving table to look like this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Share The Wealth Sunday!

Lisa thank you for taking the time to stop by and have a wonderful Sunday!

Janelle I can’t believe how close we actually are to Thanksgiving, the year sure is flying by.

10. Adrienne says

The center pieces are beautiful but your guests will not be able to see one another across the table. My suggestion would be to raise the vases or hang your bouquets from the chandelier. Happy crafting!

Adrienne luckily that’s not the table we use to eat at, so I won’t have to change a things ๐Ÿ™‚

Love the table scape. Thanks for joining us at the Inspiration Spotlight party. Shared