It’s cold, snowy, rainy, and windy here in Michigan now and I’m in the mood for some comfort food that’s easy to make. Hubby is on a hunting trip so I’ve been making some meatless meals for myself. When men are in the house I can’t do that on a daily basis but right now I’m a woman that is free to eat whatever she wants. I also need to keep up with the weight loss and Paleo is what works for me and this rich delicious soup is Paleo. If you’ve tried the Autumn Squash soup from Panera and loved it, this soup is it’s copycat right down to the raw organic pumpkin seeds on top.
- One Large Butternut Squash (peeled and cut into chunks)
- One Sweet Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp. Sweet Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 T. Melted Coconut Oil
- 32 oz. Organic Chicken Stock
- Preheat oven to 375. Put Onion and Squash into a bowl and coat with melted Coconut Oil. Spread onto a cookie sheet and add salt and pepper. Roast for 45 min. Add Roasted Veggies, and Paprika to a pot. Add Chicken Stock, and puree with a stick blender. Serve topped with Pumpkin Seeds.
- I add half the chicken stock, puree, and continue to add stock until it's the desired consistency. This is a thick soup so take that into consideration while adding stock.
Please click on the Thumbnails below to see all the projects being shared on:
Friday, Jan 23rd Celebration of Winter Participants