Daffodil Blooms

Daffodil Blooms | Bird Pillow | CreativeCainCabin.comMy daffodils at the guesthouse are in full bloom and since no one is living in it right now I decided to snip them off and bring them to the cabin.

Daffodils | CreativeCainCabin.comI’m so glad I did, we had snow (yes you read that right, snow) two days this week with heavy frost at night. I think daffodils are a flower that can take the cold temps but I didn’t chance it.

Daffodil Blooms | Bird Pillow | CreativeCainCabin.comIn the freezing cold I got my handy nippers out of my purse and cut everyone of them, and placed them in a pretty turquoise tin vase.

Daffodil Blooms | CreativeCainCabin.com

Now I can enjoy them, and block out what’s happening outside. It’s just wrong to tease us with 70 degree days and then throw the snow at us again. I’m over being cold, and ready to start a garden.

Turquoise Flower Bucket – Dollar Store | Outdoor Bird Pillow – Lowes

Dawn2

Comments

Mother nature has definitely been fickle. Your daffodils are so beautiful in that vase. I’m sad that ours are gone for the year . XO Laura

Laura, I’m sad too but I would rather enjoy them in the house than let the frost get them all.

First of all the daffodils are gorgeous Dawn and i cannot believe that you have snow again!….the weather here has been gorgeous…..in the low 70’s, but the morning have been a bit on the cold side….Sorry that Mother Nature is tricking you!!
    Have a great weekend Dawn!!!

Shirley, it’s to be expected in Michigan but I still am over it all.

This weather is just crazy. I saw that little pillow at Lowe’s and almost bought it! So cute!

Ann, it was cheaper than making my own and easier so I snatched it up along with a few others. If the weather every gets nice I’ll decorate my porch with the pillows.

HI Dawndie! Oh, the daffodils are just so beautiful! The pretty yellow always makes me smile. We had snow too yesterday. This just ain’t right!!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mother Nature is telling us we are survivors by throwing all this whacky weather at us. We will make it through this and into the next warm spell. But boy oh boy, it had better come soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Linda I agree I am so tired of being cold and wearing layers ๐Ÿ™

Dawn,
    Mine are just starting to open up. This cold has made them slow and shy to all open up. I can’t blame them. Yours look so pretty inside where you can enjoy them. Have a great week end.
    Kris

Kris, I’m surprised to hear yours are just opening I thought our flowers were on the same schedule.

Super cute pillow and flower bucket filled with those flowers. Great colors combo.

8. Nancy Blue Moon says

My daffodils are blooming too..there are so many of them here growing along the edge of the woods..every year there are more..

Nancy mine are spreading too I only planted a few bulbs but they multiply every year, now my tulips only came up for 2 years and then never again.

Dawn, your daffodils looks so happy in that pretty turquoise vase. That’s what I always think about when I see daffodils-sunshine and happiness! And I have been eyeing that same pillow, too!

Jane, that pillow must be a hit this year. I have had several say they also looked at it

Hi Dawndie! Your daffodils are so pretty. Did you say snow? Wow, nature is certainly funny sometimes.
    Hope you’re going to have warm weahter from now own.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ๐Ÿ˜‰

Shelia, I can’t figure out how you are just seeing this post, it’s an oldy….strange blogging thing today I guess!