Quilted Pumpkin & Sunflower Fall Table Runner

Pumpkin  and Sunflower Quilted Table Runner | Farm Girl Vintage | Sewing | Quilting | CreativeCainCabin.comThe sunflower are in full bloom in my garden right now so it was time to bring a bouquet inside to enjoy, and I thought they would look lovely alongside my quilted fall table runner. I used the pumpkin and sunflower pattern from my Farm Girl Vintage book and enjoyed creating something at the sewing machine again.

Pumpkin  and Sunflower Quilted Table Runner | Farm Girl Vintage | Sewing | Quilting | CreativeCainCabin.comDid you happen to notice I also gave the cabinet it’s hanging from a new coat of paint? It was yellow to begin with but I wanted it my new favorite yellow paint color, Soft Duckling. If you missed my coffee table painted with the same color you can see it here.

Sunflowers | CreativeCainCabin.comI’m quite surprised by how many sunflowers I have blooming this year. I hope I saved the seed packet, I want to plant this variety again next year. Not only did they bloom in yellow, I also have a beautiful burgundy/rust mix. It’s so rich the petals look like velvet. I’ll have to clip some, make an arrangement, and show them to you.

Pumpkin  and Sunflower Quilted Table Runner | Farm Girl Vintage | Sewing | Quilting | CreativeCainCabin.comIf you follow me on Instagram you’ve seen all the fabric I’ve been purchasing….well this is one of the projects it was used for. After I put the blocks together I decided to machine quilt it. I would really like to learn to hand quilt sometime but just haven’t taken the time to try it. For those of you who quilt which method do you prefer, hand or machine quilting?

That reminds me, I’ll need to show you the flip side of this runner sometime. I used a different fabric so I can get two choices from one runner.

SigFeather

Comments

You are inspiring me to try and plant sunflowers next year and take my chances with the deer….Love the quilt…you certainly do a beautiful job in all of your sewing projects. The Soft Duckling is truly a perfect shade of yellow.

Shirley the deer like them when they’re tender, I thought I’d never get blooms but the deer finally left them alone long enough.

2. Kathleen G says

Perfect Autumnal runner for your style Dawn. Yes please, would love to see the other side and the red sunflowers. Kathleen in Az

Kathleen thank for dropping in, I will get pics of the reverse side and I have photos of the other sunflowers coming up this Sunday on the blog.

3. Barbara (WA) says

If you find the seed packet for the sunflowers I’d love to know the variety. Mine were a bit disappointing this year. I love the table runner – that book is on my wish list. As far as quilting, I used to hand quilt all my projects but I’m not patient enough anymore. My old sewing machine can’t successfully quilt for some reason, the stitches pull right out, so I take my quilts to someone with a long arm machine.

Well Barb I looked and of course I didn’t keep the packet ๐Ÿ™ I guess I hope I get the right ones again next year. You will love the book so keep it on your wish list. I need someone to teach me how to hand quilt….I’ve also used a long arm, there’s a place you can rent it by the hour near me so that’s what I do for big projects normally anything over a twin size.

Sunflowers always make me smile. Love your new cute runner and sunny yellow cabinet. xo Laura

Laura they do the same to me, they look like happy faces.

Hi Dawn,
    Your cute new runner on the yellow cabinet is so pretty. Great job. You just gotta love sunflowers especially for fall.
    Kris

Kris, Im so glad I remembered to plant them this year some years I forget and have to pay the high prices in the store for them. It been chilly here lately, no more windows open.

6. Nancy Blue Moon says

Everything looks so cheerful in your picture…I am liking that soft duckling paint too..not to light..not to bright…just right I would say!

Nancy I agree just right, I had the fear it would be school bus yellow but happily it isn’t.

I love quilted table runners. I think one with chickens and sunflowers would be great. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am going to share this on Facebook and Pin for future reference.

Pam you would have great fun making one and the sunflower chicken combo is a great idea.