How To Remove “Picked For You Pins” From Pinterest

I don’t know about you but lately I have dreaded getting on Pinterest because of all the PICKED FOR YOU PINS that show up in my feed. I go to Pinterest to see the pretty things from the people I follow, not to see what Pinterest thinks I want to see. There are days that over 50% of the pins are not from my choice of friends and bloggers.

It was quite discouraging and has made me stay away from Pinterest all together, but I was having withdrawals and needed to come up with a solution. So after much research I found an extension that can be added to my browser or phone to eliminate the PICKED FOR YOU PINS, insert happy dance here.

How To Remove Picked For You Pins From Your Pinterest PageI thought others might be interested in how this can be done, so here it goes.

• Follow this link PIN BLOCK
  • Click on the extension that fits the browser or phone operating system you are using
  • Install the extension
  • Sit back and enjoy Pinterest again.

Wow, how simple is that? It takes under 3 minutes for the whole process and you can return to Pinterest without seeing all that unwanted stuff. Hurray! I am back to surfing Pinterest again and actually enjoying it.

Update: I do notice every once in awhile a few, like under 5,  still sneak in but nothing like before.

SignatureDawnAntlers

Comments

Oh boy, I can’t wait to try this, Dawn. I have been staying away form Pinterest for the same reason. Thanks so much for sharing. xo Laura

2. Christi {Jealous Hands} says

Unfortunately, Safari appears to be unsupported. But I’m pinning this post for future reference. Thank you for sharing!

I can’t say I’ve had that problem, but I don’t go to Pinterest that much. In fact I still really haven’t figured out how to use it properly and see what is being pinned by the folks I follow.

Linda it’s such a fun place to look and cheaper than a magazine, you should give it another go and see if you become addicted too, lol.

Pam I am loving not seeing all that unwanted stuff in my feed again. Hopefully Pinterest doesn’t find a way around it.

Wow! I can’t thank you enough!! I’m sharing this post with as many people as I know, because that’s all I hear about Pinterest anymore … people hate their Pinterest feed because they no longer see who they follow. Thanks Dawn!

Have to wait for Safari. It says coming soon. I love Safari, so I’ll be patient. Thanks for the great tip, Dawn. I abolutely hate the clutter of those picked for you pins.

Thank you for spreading the word!!! Now I won’t have to see hair color ads interrupting beautiful living rooms. And to get to see what the people I actually follow are pinning feels so good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Don’t know how long this will last, but I am loving it now!! This is been taking all my Pinterest fun away!! Thank you!!

Thank you SO much for sharing this. I was so annoyed by those “picked for you” pins that I almost never went to Pinterest. This worked perfectly. Thanks again so much!

9. Cheryl Major says

Thanks for the tip. Now if only I could find a solution to remove unwanted clutter from my face book feed.

I’ve found if it quits working you need to clear your browser history and reboot the computer and it works again.