Tulip Door Basket

Easy DIY Tulip Basket For Any DoorThanks to Grama Red for helping me out by creating my Tulip Door Basket. I had gathered all the supplies when on sale and just didn’t have the time to put it all together so I dropped everything off in a big bag and asked Gram to get creative. She always loves doing craft type things and helping out whenever she can, and for 96 and considered blind she did a terrific job.

Easy DIY Tulip Basket For Any DoorI purchased the basket at World Market , the Faux Tulips & Ferns at Michaels and everything is reusable so I didn’t mind the investment. You may have noticed I have a new door color and it matches the ceiling on the porch (and yes I will be back to show you that if the weather ever gets nice). I painted the doors last fall when I knew what we were planning for the porch ceilings. I had 2 entry doors and 3 French doors to paint. I so hate painting around all the little window squares, but I did a door a day and tackled the project.

Easy DIY Tulip Basket For Any DoorI’m always envious of everyone’s pretty white interior homes but am also thankful I have a home that doesn’t need painting. I just wipe the walls down with a microfiber mop once a year and call it good.

Easy DIY Tulip Basket For Any DoorI also just recently added the firefighter photos of my son to the stairway wall. I’m a sucker for black and white and would pick that over color any day. The frames from Hobby Lobby are 11X14 but I like the look of using a smaller photo with lots of white space around it so these prints are matted down to a 5X7 size. By the way I knocked two of the frames off the wall while dusting and cracked the wood (but the glass didn’t break) I took them into HL and they used a crayon type stick over the crack and it disappeared like magic, and didn’t charge me a thing. It’s one of those tips to store at the back of my mind in case it ever happens again.

Easy DIY Tulip Basket For Any DoorOf course my shadow, the dog, can’t stay out of my shots. I’ve learned to just take the picture anyway it’s easier than trying to coax her out of my way. She’s 7 and her hearing is getting bad so to avoid hollering all the time to get her attention I just let her be.

Me&Gram

Here’s Grama Red and me on Easter, we went to the hospital to visit a friend and out to lunch. I told her we needed a selfie before we loaded up into the car. She looked so cute with here suede boots and leopard skin bag, she is fashionable I can say that!

OTHER WREATH POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

DawnSignature

Comments

1. Cindy says

I love the tulip basket on your door! I may make one for my classroom and add green felt letters in place of ferns.

Linda we have the snow here too and it’s still snowing. I said I don’t think Michigan go the memo it’s supposed to be spring 🙁

2. Kathleen G says

Love the selfie picture of you and Grama Red, sweet! The tulip basket is a cute Spring idea!
    Oh my, your Shadow is precious and beautiful!
    Have a lovely Spring day, Kathleen in Az

Carolyn Gram is a special lady, she’s lived through some hard times but never complains that’s for sure.

Hey, poodle scoop! Oh, what a sweet post. I adore your tulip basket, your new door colors and the snaps of your son going up the wall. But your little granny! She’s adorable with her little red hair and does not at all look her age. You’ve got these good genes too! Woo Hoo! How sweet that you live close enough that you can take her to do things. Sounds like things are going well and your little fuzzy face is a pretty girl.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia 🙂

Shelia yes granny is something else. We all adore her, she is told she looks 20 years younger than her age all the time. Yes we live close enough that I see her almost every day.

Beautiful door basket Dawn…and LOVE that photo of you and Grama Red…yes, she is a stylish thing!…and look at those great hoop earrings!….you rock Grama Red!!!

Shirley oh ya she is always fashionable, back in the day she had a big beehive hairdo and always wore heels.

Grama Red is beautiful. Wonderful picture of you both. She did a great job on the tulip basket. I think I could use her help. Also like the idea of not having to paint the walls!!

Diana she is such a hoot that’s for sure and loves to craft. It’s just hard finding something a blind person can do but I do my best with it. Yes I hate to paint but somehow I still get my fair share of it.

6. Melissa says

Tulip basket is beautiful. Grandma Red is awesome!!! Love the photo of you too. My husband has always wanted a cabin… Yours is beautiful!!! Love how the photo’s look going up the stairway. ❤️

Melissa we love our cabin but it’s a lot of maintenance. This year we are stripping it and restaining it, which will be a lot of work. Yes gram is awesome her red hair fits her personality for sure.

7. Debbie says

I love the square basket with tulips! I bet your grandmother is a lot of fun. So lucky as all of ours are gone. Have a good week!

8. Barb says

Dawn, I’ve been reading your blog for a long time and never commented, but I just love the picture of you and Grandma Red! Suede boots and Leopard print bag just makes me laugh and I love her red hair. I’m 63 and hope I could be as cool as she is when I’m 96! Love the tulip basket on your door. Don’t apologize for your dog being in the picture, there are a lot of us dog lovers out here who love to see pictures of other people’s dogs too. Enjoying your blog, I get a lot of good tips and decorating ideas here. Have a great (and hopefully warmer) week!

Barb thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Yes Gram is quite the hoot who would think at 96 she would care about fashion, but she always has. He even has her hair and makup on when she goes to the gym to work out. LOL It’s snowing again today, I don’t think spring is every going to get here.