Firefighter’s Prayer

Fire EngineOur village has a very small Memorial Day Parade every year that consists of our 3 veterans, the marching band, and the firefighters. It doesn’t take long for the whole presession but we do take the day t to honor and recognize those who’ve served our country.

Memorial Day Parade I was waiting in the park to take photos of my son riding in the fire truck when I received a text message from him saying he’d been picked to recite the Fireman’s Prayer. I started to panic thinking I wasn’t standing in the right place to capture the whole thing but luckily I was right where I was supposed to be.

Firefighters PrayerI don’t have to tell you what a proud mama I was listening to my son speak, he’s such a dedicated fireman and outstanding citizen wise beyond his 21 years. It takes a very special person to do the job he does and I beam with pride when I see what a wonderful man he’s become.

Fire Engine Thank you all for letting me toot my horn just a little bit and share with you a wonderful day with my firefighter.

MORE FIREFIGHTER POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

sig

Comments

1. Karen says

Thank you so much for sharing. You have every right to be very proud of him. Firefighters are definitely a special group and help so many people.

What an honor to be chosen to say the prayer….yes, you should be a very proud mamma….and I love small town parades!!

3. Becky says

It looks like a great day and great memories. Toot your horn all you want, that’s what moms are for!

4. Kathleen G says

Volunteering for the safety of others is very rewarding. Prayers for his own and brothers safety. Kathleen in Az

5. Melissa Smith says

oh how beautiful..I would have been balling my eye out! Thank God for special men and women like your son. Your a proud momma and should be.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Šโคโค

Melissa thank you, I did shed a few tears but try and hold back. I cry at the drop of a hat anyway so my family is always holding their breath waiting for it to happen.

Congrats Dawn. I know it takes a special person to be a firefighter. So happy your son has found that calling. You should be so proud. When most are running from danger they are running in to help others. That takes a special person. Your handsome son will have a lifetime of wonderful moments in his career. My hubby who you know is a firefighter says he has never worked a day in his career. He says it is a calling not a job. So I know your son will do so well to serve your sweet community. Congrats on him getting to read the prayer.
    Hugs,
    Kris

Kris thank you so much for your kind words. I worry but I know how much he’s helping the community. Next he does hi EMT training!