Look Back At August & What I’m Crushing On

For me I’m glad August is over, we had record high temps here in Michigan and this girl just isn’t into hot weather. It’s not enjoyable for me to feel like I’m dripping wet from the humidity. I don’t know how people in the south do it. On a better note we did finally tackle raising the kitchen cupboards and while we had the time we also added a beadboard backsplash. Hubby and I also had the time to do a couple of day trips, which was nice it being just the two of us. I also believe our dog’s torn ACL has healed, she’s not a feisty as before but way better than I ever imagined without surgery. And after recovering from the flu I started to add a little Fall decor to the cabin.

If you’ve missed any posts from August all you need to do is click on the photos below to be taken to the complete post. Now scroll down to see what I’m crushing on this month.

As you know I hit the big “50” this year and one of the problems I have is keeping lipstick from not running into those tiny lines around my mouth, if you’re near my age you know what I’m talking about. I’m a girl that never leaves home without my face on, I even mow the lawn in makeup (I don’t want anymore sun damage). Well on a whim one day while browsing around KMart while waiting for my hair appointment I found “Smoochie Lip Balm” on the clearance rack, I liked the color, so I decided to give it ago. This stuff is amazing, not only is it the combination between a chapstick and a lipstick but it stays in place and it come in the most amazing colors. I’m hooked, so hooked I went back and purchased 3 other shades. It’s my new go to lipstick!!

The second product love for this month is “Power Up Mega Omega Trail Mix”. I’m known for darting out of the house in the morning before breakfast and then it hits me around 11:00 that “I’M STARVING” and I don’t do fast food restaurants as a general rule. The last time this occured I was shopping in TJMaxx (this is beginning to sound like I have a shopping problem) and spotted a variety of trail mixes on the shelf. I sifted through them until I found one that looked like it would hit the spot. Once in the car I opened it up and grabbed a handful (after using hand sanitizer). I must say this is my new favorite trail mix. I liked it so much I went back into the store a purchased more. I’m not sure if your TJMaxx is like the one here but if you don’t grab it when you see it it won’t be there the next time you go. Now I’m hoping I can find it in another store when I’m ready to restock.

Crushing on this month: COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochie Lip Balm and Power UP Mega Omega Trail Mix

Dawn

Comments

1. Jen D. says

I have some of that lip balm and I do love it. I’ll look for some of the trail mix when I’m in TJMaxx – I think I might have bought some of it before…it looks really familiar and we buy trail mix a lot.

Jen glad to hear you’re a fan of the lip balm too and the trail mix. It’s always been a quick snack for me that I feel is better than a cookie or chips.

2. Susan says

My lip lines have really improved in the last year. My secret is coconut oil. I apply the oil around my mouth, my eyes, and my neck every time I take a bath. Looking at past photos you can really tell the different and I am a lot older than you are.

Thanks for a great August of blogs and projects!

Susan

Susan I wash my face every night with coconut oil and use castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelashes. Maybe I need to add more to my lips after I wipe my face clean. Thanks for the tip:)

The blueberry protein smoothie looks perfect for my morning ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Summer I love it when blueberries are in season. I just purchased the last picking at the farmers market today so I will be on to apple smoothies next.

4. Melissa says

Fifty.. Your a youngster.. Lol!!! Actually I remarried at 50.. Going to be 63.. Yike .. Where does the time go .. I was just seventeen.. Thinking I was the big hippie.. Hahaha! Loved the August photo’s you have such a beautiful home. I am definitely going to check out that lipstick.. For me though it seems lipstick dries my lips out maybe this one won’t. Thanks for the tip Dawn!

Melissa Im cracking up with you thinking I’m young 🙂 No this will not dry out your lips, that’s why I love it. You need to try it for sure, it’s the consistency of a creamy chapstick but the benefit is a little color added to it.

5. Debbie says

Great post again Dawn. So for more news, I Debbie actually figured out, by herself how to put a pic up on IG. Now maybe you might be able to see my she shed one day. I am styling it towards Autumn now. It is a work in progress. I am not super techno savvy. Love my laptop, love my phone, but not a TV not hardly at all. Have a super good day. I am so proud of myself!!!!!!!!

Debbie congrats on the techy end of IG. Yes I would love to she your shed, make sure you send me over your IG name and I’ll follow you 🙂