Ticking Stripe Bedding

Ticking Stripe Bedding, Farmhouse Bedding, IKEA Bedding, Popular PinOkay you’ve all heard the saying “Messy Hair Don’t Care” well this is “Messy Lair Don’t Care.” On Sunday morning I got out of bed, looked back and thought I’m going to photograph our bed without it being made, I’m going for that lived in look I guess. Hubby was out of town on business so his side of the bed is still perfectly made but my side not so much. I did fluff my pillows a little but other than that I decided to share with you the Ticking Stripe Bedding we’re currently using without staging the photo.

Ticking Stripe Bedding, Farmhouse Bedding, IKEA Bedding, Popular PinOur nights are cool here already so the flannel sheets are back on the bed. I love having the windows open with the crisp air coming in while snuggled up under the covers. Currently I have a mix of bedding going on, it may be too many patterns for some but I’m enjoying the mix for fall. There’s some paisley, buffalo check, and ticking all mixed together to give it an acquired over time look, no magazine reveal going on here today.

Ticking Stripe Bedding, Farmhouse Bedding, IKEA Bedding, Popular PinI’ve had the ticking quilt for quite a few years and have never used it in our home, it was in the guest house for a while but I thought it would go nicely in the master while transitioning from summer to winter. I like a lightweight quilt on the bed at all times and I keep something warmer at the foot that can be pulled up at night if I get a little chilly.

Ticking Stripe Bedding, Farmhouse Bedding, IKEA Bedding, Popular PinSo this is our wrinkled, messed up, just got out of  bed look. I even have my clothes and shoes on the floor from the day before still. If you like something you see below I’ve listed places to find the items. Just click the photos to be taken the purchase place. I’ll be back later to tell you how to get the artwork for free.

SHOP THE LOOK

Ticking Stripe Bedding, Farmhouse Bedding, IKEA Bedding, Popular PinDawn

Comments

1. Jen D. says

I love how everything comes together – your bedding, side table topped with the clear glass vase and dried flowers, bench at foot of bed with the plant in that cute pot…it’s all just right!

Jen I’m really like the neutral feel the cabin has right now. I feel like it has just the right amount of warm colors to make it all work.

2. Kathleen G says

Your bed looks so cozy and ready to snuggle in for the chilly nights of Fall.
    Kathleen in Az

Kathleen its already chilly here at night, in the 40’s and 50’s. I’m loving it.

3. Theresa @ Shoestring Elegance says

Dawn, I love this look! What a dreamy bedroom!
    Theresa

Hi Dawn!

We just moved into a log cabin and I had no idea how to decorate it (well, to make it look modern primitive). I knew the first thing I wanted to change was my bedding since it amazingly has such a huge impact. Thank you so much for this idea! I love it.

Erin welcome to the cabin living life. I’m not one for the lodge look so I always struggle with decorating ours too. My guest house was done in primitives for years but now it’s more modern.

5. Denise says

Do you remember where you got that quilt?!? Or the brand??? It’s exactly what I’ve been looking for! And I’m ALL about the pattern mixing!

Denise which quilt the paisley or the ticking one?

• Denise Z says

The ticking one, Dawn!

The one on the bed is from Target, but I did link to two similar ones in the post if your Target doesn’t carry it.

• Denise Z says

THANKS! Will ck Target!

Denise, You’re welcome, good luck!

6. Cheryl Major says

DAWN, I love your bed and linens. The stripes are perfect. It looks so cozy and warm and inviting to jump in and curl up !.. I am thinking of changing up my bed linens for fall and you gave me some ideas.

Cheryl I really like going to my stash and picking out a few things and making them work together. I’m not sure if it all matches but I like it together.

Oh that is the kinda bed you want to cozy up in the evening but cheery enough that come morning you dont want to leave it!!! Absolutely beautiful!

Kate thank you so much! With these chilly mornings it is hard to get up and get going, it’s to nice staying in a cozy bed.

Thank you Beth, it’s so gender neutral and easy to accessorize.

Your bed is simple but so cozy, love plant in your bedroom, what kind of tree? Is it cold in your place now?

Alan Im in Michigan and right now the days are in the mid 60’s and the nights are in the low 50’s so it’s getting chilly, I’m going to put the electric blanket back on the bed tonight. The window behind the bed is always open so to keep warm yet have fresh air I use the blanket for a little heat. The plant a the foot of the bed is a boxwood, and the branches in the vase a faux and I’m not sure what they resemble.

Love everything about this! I have the very same buffalo checked duvet…styled a bit different. I absolutely love how you have styled yours! Very Nice! Thank you for sharing at Share it One More Time… Tammy

Tammy I think everyone has that duvet, lol. It’s such an easy piece to use in different ways and Ikea has the best prices.