Ways to Decorate Garden Carts & Wheelbarrows For Fall

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular PinGarden Cart LOVE….Friday morning my BFF and I decided to do a little garage sale-ing, and just a few miles down the road we hit a barn sale.

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular Pin

Source

We got out and started looking around and commented to one another several time how the prices are garage sale prices. I’ve stopped at so many this summer that have their items priced like a department store. To me the reason for having one it to purge all that junk you no longer what, so why price it high? Put a sticker on that stuff and move it on out!!

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular PinSource

Here’s where it gets good…..all of a sudden we spot the above red garden cart and scream out in delight. We grab each other and giggle like school girls (did I mention we’ve been BFF’s since 5th grade, we’ve had a lot of years being partners in crime) when we looked at the price tag, $2. NO WAY we yell, we kept thinking it must be marked wrong, it’s supposed to be $20. But NO it was tagged correctly. I snatched that baby up and we started loading it with goodies. My BFF found 7 windows for her chicken coop, a vintage blender, and 2 vintage kitchen whisks and we dropped a total of $11.

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular Pin

Source

We laughed all day about how no other garage sale we find will compare to the first one of the day, and we were right. We didn’t purchase another thing all day, but we were beaming with what we did get.

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular Pin

Source

We decided city sales just aren’t our style, we never find anything we consider good. We’re country girls and barn sales suit us best.

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular Pin

Source

Once I got the cart home I knew exactly what to do with it, decorate it for fall, and what’s a girl to do but search Pinterest for some inspiration. I first plan to paint the red portion of the cart black, and then I just need to hold out for pumpkins to come out of the fields so I can get started.

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular Pin

Source

I’ve shared some of my favorites. Let me know what you like best and how you’d decorate it for fall.

DON’T STOP LOOKING, CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO GET MORE OUTDOOR FALL DECORATING IDEAS & INSPIRATION.

Ways to Decorate a Garden Cart or Wheelbarrow For Fall. Popular Pin
Dawn

Comments

1. Nancy Cox says

Girl, you hit the jackpot! That is so cool!

Nancy I know I’m still giddy over the whole thing, lol.

Wow $2 that awesome! Sounds like yall hit the jackpot! I never get that lucky. I love fall with all the pretty colors of leaves, and all the pretty fall decorations. It would be hard to pick a favorite, their all beautiful!

Linda I’m normally not that lucky this will probably be my only time, lol.

Woo hoo! I need to hit a sale like that. Love the cart and can’t wait to see how you decorate it.

Pam I was so impressed with the prices, they certainly wanted things to go and that’s my kind of sale.

4. Jen D. says

What a bargain!! I just love it – even as is since I love red – but it sounds like it would be adorable freshly painted in black…and that would look so nice with your cabin. My two favorite pins have the pumpkins with welcome messages on them – very cute. I would go more simple than elaborate. I saw on a blog where they trimmed some branches with leaves and on another blog I saw trimmed branches with crab apples. I love both looks. Perhaps with your various fruit trees you could trim some nice branches to add? Whatever you decide, I know it’ll be great – can’t wait to see it.

Jen great idea about the trimmed branches. Last year I made a wreath with trimmed branches from a weeping crab tree, it still had the tiny crab apples on it.

5. Kathleen G says

So true on the prices, to high. Luck has it you came across a wonderful barn sale! I love all things Autumn, cute pictures. Looking forward to see the reveal of your cart.
    Kathleen in Az

Kathleen that was such a great purchase. Im still excited over it ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, wow! What a lucky girl you are to have found such a bargain! I have looked at all those same inspiration photos to get ideas on how to decorate our wheelbarrow for fall. Need to put some finishing touches on it and I can’t wait to see what you’re gonna do with yours!

Jane, I can’t wait until the pumpkins and gourds are ready to purchase here. It seems late to me this year, or maybe I’m just overly anxious.

7. Debbie says

Could you get any luckier? I know it will be decorated just right.

Debbie I can’t wait to get started. I wish farmers would get the pumpkins out of the fields ๐Ÿ™‚

SCORE!!! What a great find Dawn. You are so lucky to have spotted that one.
    Happy decorating this beauty for fall and Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Kris

Kris I know it will be fun to decorate for every season and holiday. I can’t wait.

Love all these cute ideas โ™ฅ

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Summer, me to now if only the farmers would pick the pumpkins around here so I can get started.

10. susanjc says

You did good! I’ve been garage saling here for the past 40 years and and it’s always a great time when you score those bargains!

Susan I’m so excited I want to go again this Friday, lol.

Thank you for the invite Charlene, I hit the jackpot when I found this treasure.

I always love the wheelbarrow look! I need to find one like these to decorate my yard – I love it! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

Jamie I was so excited when I found it, for $2 it will get a lot of decorating love that’s for sure.

12. Cheryl Major says

A bargin in deed. Every now and again you hit apon a great sale. Dawn, you hit the mother load. I could never understand people who have sales and price so high…..just price low and get rid of the junk. Lots of fun decorating times a head.

Cheryl I agree get that stuff out of your home, who want’s to drag all those overpriced items back inside? I’m hoping hubby gets the wheels off the cart today so I can get it painted.

I need to find a cart. Love these ideas. Thanks for sharing at the #InspirationSpotlight party. Shared.

Theresa I was so excited when I found this one for $2, I just had the time to get it decorated this week too.