How To Put A Birdhouse Post In The Ground Without Post Hole Diggers

How To Add A Birdhouse On A Post To Your Landscape or Garden Design Without Post Hole DiggersDo you ever need a 4X4 post put in the ground to attach a birdhouse to but don’t have the strength to operate post hole diggers? Well that was my dilemma when I wanted to add taller posts to my birdhouses. Normally when I get one of my Brilliant  Hairbrained ideas hubby’s not around so I have to make due with what I can accomplish on my own. I’m a very determined person and I normally find a way to get the job done. I’m just stubborn enough to not let it beat me.

How To Add A Birdhouse On A Post To Your Landscape or Garden Design Without Post Hole DiggersHubby says I just refuse to ask for help or to wait until he’s home but that’s not the case at all. I feel like he works very hard every day and if I can find a way to accomplish something on my own I’m going to do it. It’s one less thing he has to do when he has a little spare time. I’ve had to get creative and clever with the way I do things sometime but I get the job done.

How To Add A Birdhouse On A Post To Your Landscape or Garden Design Without Post Hole DiggersWatch the video below of how I work my magic to get this look without having to bury the 4X4 post in the ground. No digging required which means no disturbing the landscaping or the root system of surrounding plants. Let me know if you’ve ever used this method. It’s probably the girly way of doing it but it’s much easier that’s for sure.

By the way did you happen to see the wooden deer standing in the landscaping? Hubby made it for me over the weekend and I’ll be back later with more details on it.

HOW TO PUT A BIRDHOUSE POST IN THE GROUND WITHOUT USING POST HOLE DIGGERS

Dawn

Comments

1. Jen D. says

Great idea, Dawn. I must have the same affliction that you have – I try to do things on my own, if at all possible. Sometimes my husband is gone and sometimes I’m just too impatient to wait until he can do it for me. Of course I’ll have to see if I have the strength to drive the metal post into the ground. LOL.

Jen the metal post is easy just a few whacks and it’s in. Glad to hear I’m not the only determined woman out there.LOL

Ha! Brilliant idea, I’m so going to use this!!

Anne it’s the girly way for sure but it works. I just don’t have the strength to dig deep enough with post hole diggers and using a shovel is useless too. I’ve been doing it this way forever.

Linda I’m so excited with the deer to, I showed hubby a picture of one and he went to the barn and whipped me up one.

I don’t have a choice about doing things myself. I either do it or it doesn’t get done. Husbands have such a way of doing so many little things that you don’t realize until they are not there to do them anymore. But, I think I can do this by myself pretty easy. Thanks for the tips.

Judy

Judy, for sure you can do this. Yes when my hubby is out of town I find ways of fixing the lawnmower or whatever needs to be done. I was so determined one time I moved a new sofa and loveseat into the house myself one time.

4. Kathleen G says

Deer Dawn, my husband doesn’t like the post hole digger ( we have one ), especially with our soil, hard. Think even he’ll like your idea too! Don’t you love it when our husbands build something for us, very sweet of him, cute:).
    Kathleen in Az

Kathleen we have clay, sand, and topsoil here. You never know what part of the yard your going to find it in either so this method works great for whatever the situation is. Yes, he surprised me with the deer, he even made the head so it can turn….prety fancy, lol.

5. Linda says

Good job! You go girl!!

Linda thanks girl, I love it when I can make a project easy on myself. I can’t belive men don’t do it this way, LOL.

Great idea!….will have to archive this for my hubby!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Shirley now you can do it yourslef and then show it off to your hubby when he gets home.

7. cheryl Major says

Dawn, When I want something done, …I want it done now and I am so subborn that I want it done before the husband gets home. Your tip is wonderful and so doable. Girl power Rocks !

Cheryl, us stubborn woman need to stick to gether, lol.

8. sandi s says

You are a genius! Thank you for sharing your idea. When I need something done I usually call my son. No hubby here. This is a great idea and I love yours at your house. I liked seeing your baby laying out in one of the pics. Hugs,

Sandi I call on my son too but it seems neither one of them are around much so I figure it out for myself. The pooch is my shadow, I used to make her move for photos but now I just snap away and if she’s in them then so be it.

The things I learn! Thank you, I’ve had the same dilemma. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of a t-post.

You can find them at any home improvement store or garden center. I normally get them at Tractor Supply.

Great tutorial, Dawn! I agree with you, it’s great to not have to wait for the hubby to get home to get some work done. Thanks so much for sharing this with us on #shinebloghop! Have a lovely weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Maria I try to do it all by myself if I can, and I normally find a way.