I found this Pizza Hut copycat Breadstick recipe over at Pennies on a Platter and knew I couldn’t keep this one a secret. I love breadsticks, but could never make them like my favorite Pizza Hut’s. I have tried several recipes over the years but this one is “The One”. They even look like Pizza Huts.
Pizza Hut Copycat Breadsticks
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for drizzling and brushing
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
Bread Stick Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon dry basil
- Lightly spray a half sheet pan (18- by 13-inch) with cooking spray, then drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over the bottom.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the water, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and yeast. Mix in the flour and salt until combined into a sticky dough, about 1 minute. Transfer the dough to the sheet pan and use oiled fingers to spread to the edges of the pan. Use a pizza cutter or knife to score the dough into eighteen 13-inch strips, 3/4-inch wide. Then, score it in the middle, once lengthwise, to create 6 1/2-inch long strips. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature for 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375˚F. Create the bread stick seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Brush the dough with olive oil, then sprinkle generously with the seasoning. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly golden. Once cool enough to handle, cut the dough along the score lines and turn each bread stick on its side. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
CREATIVE CAIN CABIN https://creativecaincabin.com/