With fall in the air I’ve been craving my favorite, easy to make, chewy, delicious, homemade bread. We’ve had some chilly weather and it perfect paired with soups and stews. Nothing’s better than the smell of bread baking in the oven, and this recipe is so easy there’s times I make it several times during the week. So if you’re looking for an easy no fail recipe this is the one.
Jalapeno Cheddar Bread
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. Stir in water using a wooden spoon until the mixture forms dough ball. Stir in cheese and jalapeños. Do not over-work the dough.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a tea towel. Let dough sit at room temperature for 8-24 hours. Dough will rise. I make this up before I go to bead and it's ready to bake when I get up in the morning.
3. Preheat oven to 450. Place your Dutch oven, covered, into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
4. While your Dutch oven preheats, turn dough onto a well-floured surface. With floured hands, form the dough into a ball. Cover dough loosely with plastic wrap and let rest.
5. After the 30 minutes are up, carefully remove Dutch oven. With floured hands, place the bread dough into it.
6. Replace cover and bake for 30 minutes covered. Carefully remove cover and bake for 7-15 minutes more, uncovered.
7. Carefully remove bread and place on a wire wrack to cool. Enjoy!