This soup can be done in a crockpot or on the stovetop. When my men are away I always make a meatless meal for myself. I don’t care if I have meat so easy one pot food is what I normally concoct. Most of the soup recipes I make can be doubled and one batch can be frozen. This recipe is great for that, it freezes well and makes for a hearty meal on days you don’t feel like cooking. I put the extra batch in a ziplock and lay it flat on the shelf to freeze, it takes up less space this way and once it’s frozen I can stack it with my other soup meals.
- 1 16 oz. Bag Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Large Sweet Onion Dices
- 1 Cup Instant Rice
- 32 oz. Chicken Stock
- 8 oz block of Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1t tsp Butter
- Add Butter and Oil to stock pot and saute Onion till tender, Add Broccoli and 1/2 the Chicken Stock. Simmer until Broccoli is tender. Use Stick Blender and puree Onion and Broccoli to a small chunk size. Add Rice until cooked. Add Cheese and remaining stock. When cheese is melted it is ready to serve. (Optional top with sesame seed)
- This can be done in a crock pot, just add the rice the last hour of cooking.