Do you have a garden this year? Do you end up with an abundance overload of zucchini? Why not try something new and use them to make Pickles? My favorite recipe is Bread and Butter Pickles. I bet if you try this you’ll never be able to tell this it’s zucchini and not the traditional cucumber.
There’s all kinds of recipes for these pickles all over the internet. Either use one of those or mine or a combination of several to find what you like.
Today Jennifer is hosting the Cozy Living Series and I’m lucky enough to be part of it. Below you’ll find everyones June ideas to share with you. Just click on the links to see what everyone else is up to.
Every year I find new ways to use all those zucchini. Did you know you can dehydrate it, run it through a blender to make a powder and use it as flour in baking recipes? Yep, you sure can and you’ll never detect it. Replace 1/4 cup of any flour with zucchini flour in your recipes.
- ½ C (tepid water)
- 2 T kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin with a mandolin
- 2 C apple cider vinegar or white vinegar or a combination of both
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1½ t ground mustard
- 1½ t mustard seed
- 1½ t celery seed
- ¾ t turmeric
- dill fronds
- Over medium heat toast mustard seed and celery seed for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly.
- In a shallow dish scatter sliced zucchini.
- Over medium heat combine, sugar, water, vinegar, seeds, turmeric and dill (add salt and pepper to taste). Bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Pour over zucchini and stir together. Let cool.
- Place in jars and refrigerate for up to 4 weeks.
Thanks for stopping by today. If you’d like my zucchini bread recipe you can find it HERE! It’s another great way to use up those zucchini.