Winter has been brutal on my skin this year, hubby and I both commented how dry and itchy our skin is. We have a humidifier built into our furnace unit but apparently it’s on the fritz, and hubby is waiting until we’re no longer using heat to take it apart to see if it can be fixed.
Well I could wait no longer, I had to have some type of body wash that wasn’t drying out my skin. I’m not a fan of what’s on the market anyway, with all the chemicals they put in it so with the added dry skin it pushed me to come up with a recipe that’s moisturizing and not loaded with chemicals.
This stuff is amazing after only using it a few time there was a noticeable difference in how my skin felt and how little it itched. I’m now using this Natural Honey Body Wash every day in the shower, and using straight coconut oil on my skin as lotion. Good by alligator skin, hello moisturized skin.
This recipe is not only easy to make it’s fun to make. I figured out the cost it averages about $5 per 18 oz. bottle. It’s not as cheap as some of the stuff out there but it’s certainly much better for your skin. If you watch Target has the Dr. Bonner’s soap B1G1 quite often, and that’s the time to stock up. The honey I purchase locally is $15 for 3 pounds. I’m not sure it that’s a good price or not, but I do know the person who sells it and her honey is pure and natural (something I trust). This recipe will make a months supply if you use it daily.
- 2/3 C Dr. Bronner's Almond Castile Soap
- 2/3 C Grapeseed Oil
- 2/3 C Organic Honey
- 15 Drops Young Living Essential Oil of Your Choice
- 1 18oz. Soap Dispenser
- Stick Blender (or similar device)
- Add Castile Soap, Grapseed Oil, Honey to a mixing container.
- Mix until incorporated with a stick blender, Magic Bullet, or similar device.
- The body wash will be white, thick, and creamy at this point.
- Use a funnel and transfer to your body wash container.
- Shelf life is 3 months.
- If you don't have an 18 oz bottle adjust the ingredient amounts to suit your bottles size.
- You many also replace the Almond Soap with any of the Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap scents.
- I whip mine in my Magic Bullet to incorporate everything, you can use a stick blender or whatever device you have.
- You can omit the Essential Oil if you don't have any, this recipe smells wonderful by itself. The honey and almond mell amazing together all on their own.
- The shelf life is 3 months, but this quantity is a 1 month supply for myself.