If you missed part #1 in my weight loss journey start here. Today I want to share with you how I solved some of the issues I have when it comes to sticking with a weight loss program. First off for me weight loss is 100% mental, if I don’t set my mind up to loose weight I fail every time. So here’s what I do on a weekly basis.
10 TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL WEIGHT LOSS
- I only weigh myself once a week and document the number using the App My Fitness Pal.
- Make out a weekly menu (you can print my meal planner below) and log what I eat into My Fitness Pal.
- Make enough dinner to have leftovers of the same thing for lunch the next day.
- Go to the farmers market with my meal planner and only buy what fruits and vegetables my family needs for one week’s worth of meals, and only buy the number of portions needed.
- Come straight home and wash and bag anything that can be done ahead of time. This saves so much time when it comes to meal prepping and the nice part about it is it’s done all at one time and you won’t have to think about it again for the rest of the week.
- Eat an easy breakfast like yogurt with granola or a smoothie.
- I log everyting I eat into My Fitness Pal to keep myself conscious of my calorie intake. One of my favorite features in this app is the bar scanner, I can scan a product’s package and it logs the servings for me without having to hunt their database for the item. I also like the meal feature, I can add my favorite recipe and it figures out the calories for me.
- I drink lots of water, probably close to a gallon a day (I know that’s a lot but I’ve always been a heavy H20 drinker). If I want to mix it up for some flavor I add Lemon, Lime, or Orange Essential Oils to my water.
- If I’m trying out a new recipe I alway print it from the internet right away and add it to my Meal Planner clipboard, that way I can make sure I have the items I need and if I don’t I add them to my Grocery List right away.
- The key to successful weight loss for me is organization, being prepared with a meal plan on hand, watch portion size (even measure food with a measuring cup), and keeping my mind focused.
Below I’ve listed some of my go to healthy recipe sites I use often. What I like about these sites is I can always find things my whole family will eat so I don’t have to cook special for myself. I learned long ago if it requires me making two separate meals it’s probably not going to happen for long, or be anything I’m willing to stick with. I don’t want fancy meals that require all day to prepare, we are simple people and do just fine with a meat, veggie, and salad for most dinners. Don’t forget to print off my weekly meal planner below and leave me a comment below on what weight loss tips work for you.
My Favorite Sites For Healthy Recipes