Owl Coffee Mug

Owl Coffee Mug Used as a Vase for Zinnias | CreativeCainCabin.comDo you ever just impulse buy? While shopping at Wally World I spotted this cute as ever Owl Mug and it flew right into my cart. Did I need it, NO….but sometimes a $2 purchase just makes my heart happy and I have to have it.
Owl Coffee Mug Used as a Vase for Zinnias | CreativeCainCabin.comThat’s exactly what happened with this piece of pottery. I had no idea where I’d use it, I don’t drink coffee. My first thought was in the sewing room as storage. But when I got it home, I auditioned it in several spots and decided I like being able to see it at all times so it ended up in the living room filled with zinnias from my cut garden.

Owl Coffee Mug Used as a Vase for Zinnias | CreativeCainCabin.comDid you happen to notice the vintage red and white doily underneath it. I found it in Shipshewana when me and my friend Lisa hit the antique market. Wow, I’m beginning to think maybe I am an impulse buyer (I better reevaluate myself).

Owl Coffee Mug Used as a Vase for Zinnias | CreativeCainCabin.comSo tell me do you pick things up on a whim just because they appeal to you, or do you only make purchases you need?

SigFeather

Comments

1. Cheryl Major says

Yep, I’m guilty of buying on impulse…not a lot but enough. I think your owl mug is adorable and a nice addition to any room you put it in. I like its colours and it looks happy to me.

Cheryl Im so glad Im not the only one and since doing the post I find I impulse buy more often than I realized but I just can’t pass cute things up sometimes.

2. Becky says

Of course, I’m guilty of an impulse buy, but I think I’m better than I used to be. I try to think about where something is going to go before buying it. I don’t think a $2.00 impulse buy is such a bad thing though. Sometimes we just need a little something new to brighten things up. Your mug is so cute filled with zinnias. A perfect pop of color. Don’t you just love Shipshewana?

Becky, I do love Shipsee and am pretty close so making the trip is not a big deal.

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too cute Dawn. I spy some of the cutest things in Wally world.

Debbie, I seldom go in there but the last two times they have surprised me with some pretty cute things.

4. Kathleen G says

I have to remember your name for Walmart, love it! Yes, there is some cute seasonal decor there, bought some myself. A Happy owl with your pretty flowers, Kathleen in Az

Kathleen we all call it that around here, lol. I’ve noticed they do have some cute things, surprisingly.

Aww thanks Angie, I just couldn’t resist the bright cheery colors.

5. Nancy Blue Moon says

He is so cute..I have a thing for owl shaped mugs…I had only one but recently bought two more for $3.00 each at K-Mart…they are just so darned cute and hard to resist…So I guess the answer to your question is..yes…but only sometimes…can’t afford to do it too often…

Nancy, Im not sure we even have KMart near us anymore, I will have to check that one out.

Thank you Kris it is a happy piece. Looks like the weekend is going to be warmer than our week was. I may be able to turn off my electric blanket at night. Lol ?