Thrifted Dress Redesigned

Thrifted
Brand new with the tags still on
Brown and White polka- dot dress

When I got it home it had arm holes made for a stick person (probably why it still had the tags on) and it was to long for my shape

So I tore it apart

I removed the sleeves, and took the hem up 3″ and used the material to make new sleeves.
You may need to take a second look to notice the changes.

Comments

Great job Dawn! I can’t imagine how much talent it takes to do a project like that!

Pam

I love it! I often redo thrift store dresses, usually to make them into shirts, you did a great job!
    I found your through Debbie Doos, I am your newest follower and hope you will follow me back.

Carol

It’s funny how different the colour is from the before to the after that I thought you had dyed the dress too. Way to go on making over the sleaves from the heming material. I love the cut of the dress and bet you get a lot of wear out of it.

Dawn.. what a great job. I like it better now. I sew and would rather start from scratch than take something apart… a new follower. found you on Debbie’s party. Hope you stop by sometimes

I love it! You’re very talented with alterations! thanks for linking it up!

Wow! I’m impressed. I’d never be able to remake a dress. And I like it better with the alterations you made.

Wow! I love dismantling clothes but I am not so good at putting them back together……great job on this dress. The sleeves, especially, are way better.

Saw your dress on not just a housewife . . . you did a fantastic job! It looks amazing! I love giving thrift store finds a little makeover–it’s so fun!

Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. http://www.colieskitchen.com

That is such a clever idea. The dress is darling.
    CAS

This comment has been removed by the author.

This is brilliant! Love it! Come on ova’ and link this pretty up to my Whassup Wednesday Linky party!

xoxokara

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

So not only does it work better for you but it has some real style now. Such a bargain. Yay you. Thanks for sharing this on Motivated Monday at BeColorful

That dress is gorg. Seriously what a great find! And I love the sleeves now! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up at Thrifty THursdays!
    Lyssa

Cute sleeve refashion! Great job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can’t wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Thank you for linking this up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you this week at my
    Par-Taaaay!