How to Add Texture in PicMonkey

How to Add Texture in PicMonkey

This is one of the fastest and easiest techniques you can do with PicMonkey, add texture to change the background of a photo. It’s also just plain fun to mess around with. My gracious, beautiful model is my friend EM she kindly said I could use her photo to teach this tutorial.

texture tutorial 1

Once your photo is in PicMonkey, open up the texture pallet and choose the desired background texture (I picked the brick background). The background texture will cover the entire photo at this point.

Texture Tutorial

Now you obviously don’t want the brick covering every portion of your photo so this is where you will grab the brush (2) and then select the size (3) and start erasing. Move the circle (which is the eraser) over the portion of the photo you want exposed and click apply. How easy is that? Now you have a new background texture on a beautiful photo.

Emily Brick Wall

I have several other PicMonkey Tutorial that you can see here.

PinIt

How to use Textures in PicMonkey to Change the Background of a Photo

Signature

Comments

Hi Dawn,
    Thanks for this lesson from PIcmonkey. I was playing around with the back grounds but did not know how to take the background off the places you did not want it. So this was good to know. So easy yet unless you know to use the brush to remove the background it was hard to know. Thanks for the tip.
    Kris

Love this! I can’t wait to see what I can come up with. Your tutorials are amazingly easy too. Thanks girl! p.s. hope things are getting back to normal after the black out!

You are welcome Mary, it is amazing all the things PicMonkey can do that people don’t know about. If you have an understanding about Photoshop you can mimic the things in PicMonkey with a little messing around.

I knew to change the background but I didn’t know you could do a paint over…thanks for sharing this Dawn! I know I’ll have some fun with this:)

Luisa, you are welcome πŸ™‚ There are so many things that can be done you just have to play around with it a little. Happy New Year!

Hello Dawn,
    Thanks so much for sharing this…gotta go try it. Happy New Year!!

Blessings,
    Linda

Ashley you can do many things in PicMonkey just like Photoshop you just have to find your way around and find a similar layer πŸ™‚ So glad you learned something new.

You are the best Dawn…thanks always for the great tutorials….from your very techno challenged blog buddy!!
    Happy New Year!

hey dawn. happy new year. i use pic monkey but have never tried a background. will do. thanks for the tip.