Fall Decor in a Log Home

Fall Decor | Creative Cain Cabin I got a little jump start on my Fall decorating and pillow sewing and have finally got around to showing you what I came up with.  If you remember I wanted to introduce a new color, turquoise, a color I thought would never fit into the cabin but as you can see I was wrong.  I didn’t go overboard with the color but did a little color pop with the pillows.

Fall Decor | Creative Cain Cabin I swapped my slipcovers to Henna and Khaki to give it all a fall feel, and added the yellow and white buffalo check curtains. It always amazes me how just a fabric change can make a room feel so different, but since I did these pics the curtains have another new look.

Fall Decor | Creative Cain Cabin I am seriously thinking about getting new furniture, I have all the slipcovers they make for mine and I am tired of the colors. I would love a charcoal gray so that may be my next purchase. That’s if I can find the time to shop, with home and school I barely have time to get groceries. Taking 4 classes is a lot of work, for this old gal.

Fall Decor | Creative Cain Cabin I know Ikea has a big variety of slipcovers but I worry about the quality. I have had my JCPenney Linden Street line for 6 years now and it looks the same as the day we purchased it and the covers always wash up perfectly. The only issue I have is the slipcovers are so hard to put on. I have to pull and tug to get them in place and then take a tylenol for the pain. My hands actually hurt for days after a slipcover change.

Fall Decor | Creative Cain Cabin I really love to have a fresh new look several times throughout the year so slipcovered furniture is for me. If you would like to know how to preserve your pumpkins and gourds for fall decorating, I reveal my secret here

dawn

Comments

Hi Dawndie! Oh, I’ve just gotten to a place where I can actually visit my sweeties. Your living room looks wonderful and I love your subtle touches of fall! I like your slipcovers but I know how it is we get a little tired of our furnishing. Your pillows look wonderful. Hope you’re doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;:)

Shelia, My life has been crazy and what I miss most is visiting everyone. The only way to keep up is to quit sleeping, I guess.

Your room is just perfect for fall. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed how gorgeous your floor is!! Your couch looks great to me but I understand about getting tired of things. I love that slipcover look but don’t think I’d have the patience to wash and replace the slipcovers – it’s such a good idea though.

Stacey, Our floors are in need of some TLC they are just cheap pine wide planks but are so scratched up from the dog. I guess at some point we will need to replace them.

Barb, I have a constant neck ache from carrying the backpack and can hardly keep up with everything. I think next term I will do less classes. Thank you for the encouragement.

Thank you Kris, I’m so glad I got the slipcovers changed that was hanging over my head and it’s nice to have a new color in there.

I love your room…and the pop of turquoise is a-w-e-s-o-m-e! I’m loving my new slipcovered furniture & it is perfect for people like me who love to change things up frequently! For now, I just have the oatmeal coloured covers..but it’s wonderful to know I can switch them out anytime I feel the urge (although I’m loving them and I too have introduced turquoise into our family room!)
    Our master bedroom is painted turquoise…with lime green punches of colour…who knew they looked so great together? And I’m seeing turquoise more & more with orange, lime green, even orange!

Charlotte, I love turquoise and orange together. I have more of the burnt orange but it fits well with my home. I would love a dark grey slip but mine doesn’t come in that color so that’s why Im thinking of going with a different brand.

Your room looks wonderful for fall, Dawn. I really like your galvanized bucket with the flowers on your pretty turquoise table!

Thank you JoAnne, I get those buckets from a friend that owns a maple syrup place. When they get old she gives them away.

Your living room looks lovely and the turquoise adds a great pop of color. I love the light, airy look you’ve created. I have an almost-white sofa. I love it because i can change the look of the room with throws, pillows and accessories without having to change slip covers. Those days are over for me.

6. Rondell says

My sofa and cover are from Ikea I haven’t washed them yet but will because they need it, I’ll let you know if it’s easier coming from Ikea.
    Love your home and colors that you use!

Rondell♥

Rondell I went last week and looked at the IKEA ones and they look much easier to replace than mine. Can’t wait to hear what you think.