Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comTodays post is brought to you by: Crafting with Grama Red, a 95 year old amazing lady that still loves to get her craft on.

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comIf you follow me on IG you’ve had a glimpse of what Grama Red’s been up to…..she’s getting a head start on her spring crafting. As you know I’m always looking for things she can do, with her being almost totally blind it’s always a challenge. But I ran across this paper flower tutorial, and decided to adapt it for a wreath.

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comAll you need is a wreath form, watercolor paints, a brush, coffee filters, and a hot glue gun. You can purchase everything at the dollar store too, so it ends up being a very inexpensive project, with lot’s of bang for your buck.

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comGram was anxious to get started so I painted one flower to give her an idea of what we were doing and she did the rest. All you have to do is add color to each petal, and splatter color onto each flower giving it a speckled effect. Next hot glue them to the form.

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comThe great thing about this project is there’s no wrong way to do it. The project did take about 2 1/2 hours to complete but Gram worked on it over a 2 day period.

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comIt’s always a good feeling to know she’s spending her time being creative rather than having to rely on the tv for entertainment. Next week she’ll be busy in the barn helping me and my Aunt get the chicken coop built, so stay tuned for that. We plan on having laying and meat chickens. We’re getting 50 in the first batch and once they go to market we will get another 50.

Watercolor Coffee Filter Wreath | Spring Wreath | DIY Wreath | CreativeCainCabin.comI can’t wait…..hubby doesn’t want them at our place so at Grama Reds they will be. I’ll be back with pictures once the build process begins. Be prepared we are using all salvaged lumber from both our homes so it’s going to be quite the coop I’m sure. No fancy crafted place, just usable and free.

You’re making me feel all springy! What a wonderful idea, I’m going to have to try this with the kids. We have a few rainy days coming up and this will be a perfect craft!

Amy, it would be perfect for kids, there’s no wrong way to do it ๐Ÿ™‚

Dawn, I so love seeing your Grandma Red and the projects she does with you….and that picture of her with the wreath is priceless!…You are the best granddaughter!…and good luck and have fun building that coop!…

Shirley, got the floor of the coop in today ๐Ÿ™‚ and yes Grama is quite the hoot she’s always game to do anything fun.

Dawn, your Grama Red is such an inspiration! The wreath she painted is so cute and I can’t wait to see the coop.

Thanks Kim, yes the people in our family live forever with nothing wrong with them. It’s so nice to find projects she enjoys doing. The floor of the coop is in ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Jean says

I appreciate learning easy-to-do projects because I offer free art & crafting lessons to the children in my subdivision during the month of June each year. Fresh ideas are always appreciated.

Jean this would be a perfect craft for kid, and inexpensive too.

Well done, Grama Red! What a blessing she has you to help her stay active and doing activities she enjoys, Dawn!

Angie, yes she likes to stay active so we all try and come up with things she can do.

6. Kathleen G says

The spring wreath is very pretty, like your Grama Red! Looking forward to your chicken coop project. I know you’ve been wanting to raise chickens. Kathleen in Az

Kathleen yes I have wanted chickens for quite some time but hubby always says no and he never tells me no, but gram agreed to keep them at her place so I will have chickens after all ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Terri Hughes says

What a pretty wreath. Good to see your grandmother keeping busy, so sweet!

Terri, she loves to stay active and we do all we can to keep her that way ๐Ÿ™‚

How precious is that!! I wonder if Grandma is blind due to macular degeneration….So many of us have it.

Jeanie, that’s exactly why shes blind ๐Ÿ™

9. Nancy Blue Moon says

Why that wreath is almost as pretty as Grandma Red..lol..I see where you get your sweetness from Dawn..

Nancy, she sure enjoyed making it:) Thanks for the sweet comment.

I love your GRed posts! We have 12 chicks in our living room now [in a military foot locker], I can’t imagine 50! Look forward to your pics Dawn.

Windi, Were going to keep ours under heat lamps in the coop and hope it stays warm enough for them ๐Ÿ™‚ How long do you keep yours inside the house?

Dawn this is our first experience [well, hubby grew up on a chicken farm] so he says we have 2-4 weeks depending on outside temps. It was 70 degrees here a few days ago, snow and sleet yesterday, and a rainy 38 degrees today.

Windi, I’m hoping the heat lamps keep ours warm enough.

Linda I can’t wait to get the chickens going. We’re half done with the coop now, just need to round up a few more materials.

11. Laura m says

I love seeing the projects but even more I love Grandma Red! She is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing on this site.

Laura, thanks for the sweet comment ๐Ÿ™‚ She will enjoy hearing it.